Recalled/Assigned: Connolly, Brown, Kucherov & others to Syracuse, Drouin to Halifax | Sustr staying

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, I think he'll come up and force the team to keep him up this year, kind of like Killorn did.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So this is our opening night roster:

Forwards (13):
9 Tyler Johnson
11 Tom Pyatt
12 Ryan Malone
16 Teddy Purcell
17 Alex Killorn
19 B.J. Crombeen
26 Martin St. Louis
44 Nate Thompson
51 Valtteri Filppula
71 Richard Panik
74 Ondrej Palat
76 P.C. Labrie
91 Steven Stamkos

Defensemen (8):
2 Eric Brewer
3 Keith Aulie
6 Sami Salo
7 Radko Gudas
8 Mark Barberio
25 Matt Carle
62 Andrej Sustr
77 Victor Hedman

Goaltenders (2):
30 Ben Bishop
39 Anders Lindback

IR (2):
5 Mattias Ohlund
15 Brian Lee

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Shocked Connolly didn't stay he looked amazing in preseason. Do you think he will be back up this year or is he in the AHL for the year?

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
So this is our opening night roster:

Forwards (13):
9 Tyler Johnson
11 Tom Pyatt
12 Ryan Malone
16 Teddy Purcell
17 Alex Killorn
19 B.J. Crombeen
26 Martin St. Louis
44 Nate Thompson
51 Valtteri Filppula
71 Richard Panik
74 Ondrej Palat
76 P.C. Labrie
91 Steven Stamkos

Defensemen (8):
2 Eric Brewer
3 Keith Aulie
6 Sami Salo
7 Radko Gudas
8 Mark Barberio
25 Matt Carle
77 Victor Hedman

Goaltenders (2):
30 Ben Bishop
39 Anders Lindback

IR (2):
5 Mattias Ohlund
15 Brian Lee

Plus Sustr.

I hope Sustr, Panik and Palat get real numbers now.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I called Drouin and Connolly both getting reassigned! :vhappy:

That being said, I think Malone is being put over Connolly just to increase his value. If Malone gets off to a good start, I can see him being traded by the Christmas trade freeze. At which point, I'd expect Connolly to get called up.

Al Cervick

Mar 17, 2011
Congrats to Sustr and Barbs. I hope this does not mess with Connolly's head.
He has to know he's the first forward call up.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I did not see this coming. Connolly absolutely deserved a spot. I don't see how you don't trade Malone to open a spot for the kid.
Connolly will get his chance. You need veterans like Malone and since he most likely won't play a full 82 game season anyway it's all good. I feel for Brett though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Panther fan here, I'm actually surprised Kucherov didn't stick. I thought he looked great in the games against us.

Kucherov has some growing to do. He's an absolutely great prospect, but he needs a bit of refining. A year in the AHL will do him a ton of good.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'd say trade Purcell or Malone for a top-4 defenseman, but there really isn't a market right now. I can't see any big trade activity until either the trade-deadline or when next year's salary cap is announced (which is at the end of the season anyways). Connolly will be the first call-up when Malone inevitably gets injured.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If I can take you back to the beginning of 2011-12 Dana Tyrell didn't make the team when the majority of people thought he should have. Boucher wanted to experient with somethings and started the season with Blair Jones, Tom Pyatt, and Mattias Ritola instead. Eventually Jones was traded and Ritola refused to be reassigned and left. Tyrell came back up and and signed a new 2 year deal.

Could be Cooper also has an idea of what he thinks will work and he wants to try things out, like keeping 12-91-26, 17-51-16, and 74-9-71 together. If guys don't preform changes will be made.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Connolly will get his chance. You need veterans like Malone and since he most likely won't play a full 82 game season anyway it's all good. I feel for Brett though.

I understand that, but everyone in the organization knows the problem with Connolly is his confidence. To put up the best performance in the entire camp and still get sent down is deflating for anyone.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I understand that, but everyone in the organization knows the problem with Connolly is his confidence. To put up the best performance in the entire camp and still get sent down is deflating for anyone.

Maybe but he has to be strong enough to take those lumps and keep going. I think he'll be fine though. He was the AHL Player of the Month in Feburary after he didn't get invited to the shortened training camp in January.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Oh I'm with you. I hope they make sure he knows why he was sent down and that it has nothing to do with his performance but rather with contractual / roster flexibility.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
you really read it that way? I mean really get a clue.

They are rookies too primarily is what was saying jesus.

You definitely did not write that clearly and so it is understandable if someone read it the way Matt did. Insulting others when they're trying to understand what you've written? Are you serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad