Conn Smythe Winner?

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Dude, I'm Mulletman! I think Mulletman knows a little bit more about mullets than sr edler...

Kane's mullet was weak at best. With such thin hair as Kane you need to have a way more defined mullet with longer hair in the back than what Kane ever had. Only guys with more thick hair can pull off a shorter version of the mullet.

This man mullets.

Reactions: Hasa92

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yeah but he's doing it after growing a mullet. And when's the last time they gave the Conn Smythe to somebody with a mullet? Don't think anybody with a mullet has won the Conn Smythe since Gretzky. Usually they don't take kindly to players with mullets...
While it has certainly been a while since the mulleted masses have taken home the trophy, post-Gretzky saw Al MacInnis win in 1989 and Mario Lemieux in both 1991 and 1992. They had really good mullets in those years. Patrick Roy didn't have one going in 1986 or 2001, although he had a pretty good one in 1993. The correct answer, though, is probably Claude Lemieux in 1995. Solid mullet.

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Sentinel

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It’s gotta be Khudobin. He’d have to have some epic collapses at this point not to.

Reactions: Elysian

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
Giving this to a goalie has always annoyed me. Everyone who has watched hockey for a long time knows that there are always some ”hot” goalies and in their case I say that of the 35 teams nr 1 goalies, all of them are capable to have a hot streak or good playoffs.

It is such an easy decision where you kind of are never wrong cause there is no one to compare you to. On the other hand out of the lines there are almost 15 players in each team that could have great playoffs and battle for this at the beginning of The playoffs. Ofc realisticly there are 5-7 usually. But they really must perform every game at 100%. The work that a player has to do to win the trophy is totally different to the goalies. And goalies don’t even play in every game..!?

I know that that you have to have a super goalie to win the cup and in hockey in general. I am not saying it isn’t difficult to them or taking anything away from shutouts and I admire every goalie who are tremendous. It is awesome to watxh when it seems that someone just catches everything and is keeping the the team in the game or protecting a lead....But it is kind of an obvious situation that the goalie from the winning team has been awesome. Then you have players that also deserve it and sorry folks but I just say that this should always be given to a player not goalie. from them you really can say and see feom shift to shift how well someone is performing night after night under pressure...

But about who it should go to now. Idk. Hedman is the best D in the league and if tampa wins there shouldn’t be any question who gets it and Hedman should finally be recognised for the beast that he is.

I haven’t followed that much Dallas, but from the games that I have seen there is no doubt in my mind that it should be Heiskanen, although pretty sure it will go to someone like benn instead if they win cause nobody knows who the f*** is heiskanen so it is better for the league. But I have to add that I actually think Heiskanen was evwn better than Hedman on the games that I saw feom Dallas. Just insane. He is going to be a superstar if he isn’t already. The confidence, skating, eye, pass etc that he has are just perfect and he knows also How to defend unlike E karlsson or Subban for an example.

Just sooooo boring if it goes to a goalie!!

Reactions: MacKinnunen

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Has to be Khudobin if the Stars win. He’s been standing on his head for them. Hedman thus far for the Bolts, but I can see Point working his way into the conversation if the series goes their way.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Has to be Khudobin if the Stars win. He’s been standing on his head for them. Hedman thus far for the Bolts, but I can see Point working his way into the conversation if the series goes their way.

Khudobin would have to notch a couple shutouts in the remaining games to get it. He was absolutely not stellar at all in the early going of these playoffs.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Hedman heiskanen are both doing some incredible things as defencemen ALL TIME.

Hedmans 9 goals has only been been bested 3 times.

Heiskanens 23 points have only been bested 7 times.

Khudobin has not done anything that compares to that even tho he has been good. Lenner with his 4 shutouts would have better claim as a goalie at this point in my opinion.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Khudobin, really?

Heiskanen is ppg as a defenseman lol. on Tampa so many choices but I'd lean Kuch or Point, whoever participated to the scoresheet at an important moment (not like an 8-2 win)

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
Conn Smythe is also about narrative a lot of the time and this isn't necessarily a bad thing but I dont find him being talked about as much as say Keith in 2015, Doughty in 2014, Pronger in 2006 etc. Plus with Kucherov and Point likely to hit at least 30 points each, possible the mid 30s I feel voters will prefer the big numbers.

If Dallas wins it would be nice to see Khudobin win, been 8 years since a goalie last won.

heiskanen

been never since a Finn has won it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Khudobin, really?

Heiskanen is ppg as a defenseman lol. on Tampa so many choices but I'd lean Kuch or Point, whoever participated to the scoresheet at an important moment (not like an 8-2 win)
They both had 5 points in an 8-2 win though.

It's Hedman for Tampa and no one comes close right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->