Conn Smythe vs Hart Trophies

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
I just don't want to see you blacklist yourself from serious discussions over something so stupid.

Judging by the lack of further counterarguments being made I thought it was a valid topic, but I digress.

No way. For a goalie to win the Conn Smythe, they should be more than just a 'stabilizing force'. Vernon was rock solid but he never consistantly won any games by himself........ala Giguere in '03.

Fedorov did everything for the Wings:
excellent offensively
excellent defensively
led the Wings in points, assists and GWG
played forward
played defense

Fedorov was outright ripped off.

Well said (though he actually led the entire playoffs in GWG's). :handclap:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Judging by the lack of further counterarguments being made I thought it was a valid topic, but I digress.

your arguement was that Jagr's 5 scoring titles were the product of Lemieux and Francis. The reason for a lack of counter arguement was your lack of arguement.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
My argument on that point is not so much to berate Jagr as to give props to Sakic, who Bilros berates mercilessly and inferior to Fedorov, Forsberg etc, because he never won a scoring title.

That year, Sakic was easily the best player in the world. His defense was stellar, his offense stellar, an he just brought it everywhere.

No argument there. For a two year span Sakic was probably the best player in the game. Bilros puts Fedorov and Forsberg ahead of Sakic? Wow. Fedorov never won the Art Ross Trophy either and Forsberg won it on what the last game of the year in '03? Yes Sakic is a better player than either one of those no doubt, not to knock them but still. Sakic is very close to the likes of Clarke, Trottier, etc. The other two arent. But Jagr certainly is right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad