congratulations to my countrymen for a good effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

congratulations to my country neighbors for a good effort

A swede rooting for finland. You did a great match, and deserved better. Great tournament finland :handclap:

Canada won again, as usual. It's pretty boring actually. They always win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
This Canadian/Dane also credits Suomi with a hard working and most capable tournament and final game.

Both teams would have been worthy champions, but I'm obivously pleased it was Canada. But I would not have been ashamed if my team lost to Finland.

Both teams are classy representatives of this magnificent sport.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Tinke

Sep 14, 2004
SectionX said:
A swede rooting for finland. You did a great match, and deserved better. Great tournament finland :handclap:

Canada won again, as usual. It's pretty boring actually. They always win.

Thanks.. Yeah, they always win. But still I love them very much ;)

GO CANADA GO!!! :thumbu:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
As a fourth generation ultra-patriotic Canadian, I would like to congratulate Finland on an excellent tournament. You were a very worthy opponent. The shift in development over the past decade has paid off handomely for you. You're developing bigger, stronger, faster players who play a North America style of hockey. It's paid off. In two years, we'll be talking about Finland having the second best goaltending in the world. Kiprusoff is just the tip of the iceberg.

I know that we haven't seen the last of Finland in best-on-best finals. This has been a long time coming. I look forward to the next time we play you.

I would also like to commend the fans for the passion they showed. Having fans call in sick for work is reminiscent of my country at the 1998 Olympics. I don't know if any other country, outside of Canada and Finland, would have that kind of outpouring of support.

Again, congratulations, to the players and fans of Finland.

Ann#81

Sep 13, 2004
No no, Finland plays a Finnish style of hockey ;). Yes, congrats to the Finnish team! It wasn't nice watching them look so sad after the game, but there will be other chances!

Verbal Kint*

For a team who many picked to be something of a pushover, the Finns showed that they can compete with the elite. Tonight's game could have gone either way and in the end it really came down to a lucky shot trickling through the goalie's pads. As a Canadian, I would have had no problem had the Finns had the pleasure of carrying that (god awful) trophy off the ice.

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
I too offer my congrats to Finland for their great efforts. Classy, hardworking players make a great team and Team Finland showed that.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I hope the fans back in Finland aren't too disappointed. They should be happy to have beaten the US and finished ahead of Sweden.

Finland has finally gained the respect it deserves.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Great game Finland! I thought the Finns were just happy to make the finals, but they were hungry for the win until the end - guess they wanted that beautiful trophy....

Classy team, classy country.

I think there will be many more CDA-Fin champ. matchups to come. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad