Player Discussion Congratulations to Jujhar Khaira

Feb 24, 2017
This will probably sound stupid, but living all of my life in the Vancouver area, I feel this is worthy of a mention.

Surrey, B.C. for all of my years has been well known for its large Indo-Canadian population. I don’t have the numbers on hand, but I would guess that Indo-Canadians are on the way to making up the majority of the population in Surrey sometime in the near future.

Anyway, I put 5 minutes of work into it, and I have concluded that Jujhar Khaira is the first Indo-Canadian from Surrey to play in the N.H.L.! Like I said, it may well be a stupid premise for a thread, but I think being the first of a large and growing section of the population to play the highest level of hockey is kinda cool!

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We had a thread on this last year. There was a handful of Indo-Canadian HFOil posters who were quite proud of JJ.

Reactions: Dont Hinder Jinder

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
He's come a long way with his skating.
I remember thinking how slow he was way back in Penticton a few years ago.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Great role model for that community. And I hope it will lead to a path for more Indo-Canadians to enroll in hockey and make their way up to pro hockey. More players and more talent are always welcome

As for JJ, he looks like a re-vamped player this year. Looks way more confident and a much better skater. Could be an important depth/role player

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He is looking to be a big part of our 4th line this season and if Maroon leaves as a FA, Jujhar could be the heir apparent for his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad