Congrats to the Astros!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thanks you guys! Even thru all the loses, it's always been fun here on the baseball board. I meant what I said in the other thread that the Dodger fans around here were great. I still like Turner & Puig and hope one day they can win for LA & Mr Ed's memory. And remember, no matter how badly your team is going and how many media members are laughing at them, there is always a chance one day.

Unless you're a Browns fan.

Anyway, gonna take a big gulp of my drink and go visit the NFL board to see if there is any Texan news...

Uh-oh..... hope your holding up alright

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yup drafted and developed a good portion of their core, then traded prospects for talent when they were ready to compete (McCann, Verlander, Giles) and spent significant money in free agency to shore up the roster (Beltran, Reddick, Morton)

This is true but this years classic ranks up there IMO, 6 thrilling games along with a somewhat high scoring game 7 to top it off.

Yup.

And even game 7, despite the 5-1 score, still had some moments with all the Dodger baserunners. 5-1 in baseball isn't like 5-1 in hockey

This wasn't like the Bruins-Canucks game 7 where it felt over once Boston scored.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Had them as the dark horse to win it all. They just needed pitching and I didn’t think they would get it

Congrats stros fans

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
They built the team the right way, and also finally spent some moolah to shore up their deficiencies. That stat that showed where they ranked on strikeouts from last year to this year is really telling.

But yeah they put a terrific group of people together and hopefully can keep building on it. Need to get another starter I think and rebuild the bullpen, some guys need to go. But we'll deal with that next week :)

*TRAIN WHISTLE*
Forrest Whitley!
Curious to see how Whitley and Kyle Tucker do for them in the future.

And thanks everyone!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks you guys! Even thru all the loses, it's always been fun here on the baseball board. I meant what I said in the other thread that the Dodger fans around here were great. I still like Turner & Puig and hope one day they can win for LA & Mr Ed's memory. And remember, no matter how badly your team is going and how many media members are laughing at them, there is always a chance one day.

Unless you're a Browns fan.

Anyway, gonna take a big gulp of my drink and go visit the NFL board to see if there is any Texan news...
Haven't been active in over 2 years. Hope all is well.

Reactions: SnS and Cassano

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
...Not only did SI predict it, they put the MVP of the World Series on the cover! Brilliant work. A great team that is a deserving champion. Faced adversity several times in the playoffs and got it done. And they should remain very good for a long time. Fantastic to see Beltran and Verlander get WS rings after so many close calls. Congrats to Kayla, punk_o_holic, Duke 33 and all Astros fans. You deserve this after all the losing early on in this decade. Your patience paid off. What a magical ride for a city and region that really needed a pick-me-up.
Well...

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->