Congrats to Rhodes 81 and TheUnseenHand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Does HF mail the orange crossing gaurd sash? Or is it more of a secret ceremony like la cosa nostra?

Semak

serious question though, why do we need so many moderators?

If you look around most boards average 5 to 6 mods. The heavier traffic boards like the Leafs and Habs' boards have a few more. This board has a good amount of posters, so having 6 now is on par.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
couldn't everyone just self-police and report posts that are upsetting to them, and one person deletes those?

that's ideally what the current system does, however there's two problems with that.

a.) one volunteer isn't enough to take care of every post in a timely fashion

b.) there are too many 13 year olds that just discovered the internet.

apice3*

I think 13 year olds is being very generous to some of the posters.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Talk a lot about fishing and golf. Ocassionally mention some anime you watched or manga you read while everyone ignores you. Bam. Next thing you know, you're a mod.

mine was sans fishing and add back and fourths with scott in the video games threads.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
My last post and I post this in good faith, the issue with this many mods is inconsistency. Some of you guys are gonna differ on what's not allowed and that's cool and all but then it gets messy with "well I did that last week and he did that yesterday... why did I get in trouble for it today?"

And I'm not gonna lie, it does piss me off a tad that I've gotten in trouble for posting the same thing several times before and yet I know several people have reported the post I quoted and yet it's still in this thread. Oh well, take care and feel free to delete this too. No hard feelings. :)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Geez. Way to deliver HF.

THIS is why we need more mods. That and old mods do retire or outside mods get replaced btw.

Maybe I want a vacation too.

Did I miss some posts that aren't there anymore?

THIS is why I need to have that one mod ability, without actually being a mod.

<---misses all the good stuff.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Congrats to both of you!

Seeing Rhodes become a full-fledged Devils fan reminds me of my own initial, unintentional foray into Devils fandom at the tender age of 9... :puppy:

But enough about me, is there cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->