Congrats To Phil Kessel: 400th Career NHL Point!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They didn't mention if it was the first goal or the second - but at least the 400th came on a beauty shot either way :)

Congrats, Phil! It's been a thrill! :)

BayStreetBullies*

Congrats to The Thrill! :)

Kessel_Meme.jpg

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
What's his pro-rated pace and comparison to all-time Leafs alumni?

I actually thought to myself after his second goal tonight, will Kessel actually become my favourite Leaf of all time by the end of his career?

I'm not saying points has anything to do with that, It's just I actually thought that on his 400th point without knowing it.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto

I actually thought to myself after his second goal tonight, will Kessel actually become my favourite Leaf of all time by the end of his career?

I'm not saying points has anything to do with that, It's just I actually thought that on his 400th point without knowing it.

I think there was a discussion saying how if he continues at a 30 goal pace till he's like 38 or something, he can surpass Sundin. If he does that, he'll also be considered one of the greatest American players of all time on top of being one of the greatest Leafs of all time.

Delicious Dangles*

Congrats to Kessel! One of the elite players in this game.

BayStreetBullies*

If he wasn't so soft, he would've had a hat-trick vs NYI. Bust. :sarcasm:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Congratulations Phil! He also said "you know?" 400 times in the post-game interview tonight.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

He's at about .9 points per game right now as a leaf. Sundin ended at 1.01. So if we were to pro rate Kessel's ppg pace with Sundin's games played, he'd get around 883 points (compared to Sundin's 987). It would be pretty spectacular if he could crack the 1000 point barrier as a leaf, let alone surpass Sundin's record.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's at about .9 points per game right now as a leaf. Sundin ended at 1.01. So if we were to pro rate Kessel's ppg pace with Sundin's games played, he'd get around 883 points (compared to Sundin's 987). It would be pretty spectacular if he could crack the 1000 point barrier as a leaf, let alone surpass Sundin's record.

Would be pretty awesome .. Doubt he'd be able to do it even with his current contract extension (unless he has a few godly seasons while maintaining his current pace for the rest of the years).. However if he resign's a retire-like contract as a Leaf at 33 or 34 (when his extension is done) for 3-4 years, he has a very good chance at it

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
living the dream, Phil. Well on his way to becoming the best American player of alltime. not to forget mentioning the highest scoring Leaf ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->