Congrats to Blues for drafting Ivan Barbeshev, by far the biggest steal of 2014 draft

Scarbarian*

I hope some of you guys have caught the WJC game today - Russia/Sweden.

Barbeshev was simply unreal, easily the best player from the both sides.

Blues have something special here. I legitimately see this guy turning into a fine 1st liner who can play in all situations.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And he might not even be the biggest steal in the draft. Fabbri looks like a huge stud too, and Husso could be a massive steal in the 4th. Definitely a high quality draft so far.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I hope some of you guys have caught the WJC game today - Russia/Sweden.

Barbeshev was simply unreal, easily the best player from the both sides.

Blues have something special here. I legitimately see this guy turning into a fine 1st liner who can play in all situations.

Fabbri too. Letunov and Husso look promising.

Also, Bruins didn't exactly mess up with Pastrnak

Scarbarian*

And he might not even be the biggest steal in the draft. Fabbri looks like a huge stud too, and Husso could be a massive steal in the 4th. Definitely a high quality draft so far.

Oh yeah, forgot about Fabbri, another gem of a pick up by the Blues.

You guys easily stole the show on draft day. :handclap::)

Scarbarian*

Fabbri too. Letunov and Husso look promising.

Also, Bruins didn't exactly mess up with Pastrnak

Yeah, Pastrnak is a stud, too bad the Bruins are a mess this year.:(

I really hope Blues takes the cup this year. pulling for you guys.:yo:

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Yeah, but I think the OP got Buchnevich and Barbeshev mixed up. Buchnevich was the beast today

x2 :laugh: Should go onto the Rangers board. Buch went 75th overall :laugh:

Both had good games though, Buch appears to be the better player at the moment, mainly due to playing in the KHL (Against men) for the last couple of years. Barbashev will be a stud for the Blues. Oh man, Barbashev and Tarasenko that's nasty.

I remember everyone was expecting Barbashev to go to the Sabres when they had the 31st pick. However they had just got Tim Murray as GM who strongly disliked drafting Russians due to the "Russian Factor" and disliked negotiating with agents who used the KHL as leverage :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad