WJC: Congrats Russia

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I guess Rönnberg was right about the Russians...

No I'm sorry I wont go there.

lol yea, was thinking just as the scored the fifth goal that what will Cameron scream now when chasing Rönnberg? -"you sob, why didn't you tell me you were serious and not just thrash talking" :laugh:

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Kudos to Russia. They wanted it more than anyone else. Great 3rd period.

Magnum Crackoff

Nov 14, 2006
They fully deserve it. Congratulations Russia. A great hockey nation. Thanks for pushing us to get better and better. :laugh:

Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played really good.

AverageCanadian

Jul 29, 2010
Congrats Russia. Canada played a horrible third and they took full advantage.

The made the Canadians look small, slow and weak on the puck. It was very difficult to watch

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Congrats to Russia of course..fully deserved victory!..but for those saying that this is a loss you can take..i don't get that...last year's lose was easier to take in my mind because atleast they battled to the end and lost....this was just shameful

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
I'm not even mad about the 2,500 I lost tonight..I'm mad that we played for 40 minutes and then oogled at the cute Russian girls in the stands for the last 20. Unbelievable.

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
Biggest collapse in U20 hockey history. Not even close. Credit to Russia though.
Finland gave up a 4-0 lead in the third period in the 1991 tournament against, you guessed it, Russia. Interestingly, Russia scored 5 goals but Finland scored another goal in the dying seconds to tie it 5-5.

Congrats to the Russian team.

pouskin74*

Congrats Russia! Unbelievable, historical comeback. As disappointing a finish as it was for Canada I can't help but be inspired by Russia's play throughout the tournament, and no more so than tonight. Tremendous heart through the entire tourney and they deserved gold.

Let's not downplay Russia's win by discrediting Team Canada. We had as good a chance at gold as anyone in this tournament, and we got beat by a better team.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Good job by the Russians. They capitalized on Canada's decision to sit back and it paid off. Can't believe anyone is blaming the Canadian goalie, this was a team screw up, not on just one player, and it was because Russia kept pressing.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Congratulations, Russia. Incredible game they played. What talent, what offense, what resilience.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
I have congratulated Russia in the GDT but I'll do it again :handclap::handclap:

Awesome comeback, I've never seen anything like it before, especially from a Russian team. TBH, we (swedes) have always thought Russians have played bad when being down a couple of goals, and the recipe for a win is to get a few goals early.

Good that you proved that wrong ... several times this tournament.

I wonder what happen in that Russian dressing room during the second intermission ... wish I had been a fly on the wall there :)

Totally new team showed up for the 3rd, not as passive and not as afraid to play the puck.
Awesome performance in the 3rd.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Anyone know what the Russian youths are screaming at the camera when it goes near their dogpile of victory?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Russia played phenomenally well in the 3rd period, Canada choked phenomenally hard, looked like completely different teams from the first 2 periods. Congrats to Russia, the better team won.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I thought it was cool how the Russians fought in the trenches and along the boards, and had such an emotional gap-toothed celebration and all that. I don't know how many fans have followed this tournament over the decades, but despite a few of the recent streaks and the over-the-top TV hype on TSN, there was a time when Canada was in tough in a lot of games, outplayed and outshot, the team playing rough and tumble with gap-toothed heroes, relying on key goaltending, to eek out whatever success they had. Well, sometimes, anyway. Russia just reminded me of some of the old school Canadian teams that way. I mean that in the best way possible, not to try to take anything away from their dramatic comeback, which probably was more momentuous than anything the old school Canadians pulled off (I don't even remember). And it's not that it's a sudden change or anything either, lots of nations have been showing this kind of passion for a lot years. Just cool to see. All 4 teams at the top and also kudos to the Finns and Swiss too, there is a lot of passion all around in this tournament these days.
:handclap:

Second Breakfast

Jul 4, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB
Congrats Russia.

You showed TRUE team spirit and grit. (Maybe your mens national team could take a page out of your WJC team).

Canada deserved to lose this game.

There's nothing else to say really.

Can't wait for next year!

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Anyone know what the Russian youths are screaming at the camera when it goes near their dogpile of victory?

Something like "******* yeah!!", "we did it!", "Russians never give up". Oh, and Kuznetsov was screaming "da blyat, da blyat, DAAAA".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad