WJC: Congrats Russia

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I was surprised that Gudbranson wasn't more noticeable tonight. Same thing with Couturier although he is an under-ager.

nsoilfan

Jul 11, 2004
oh well get them next year boys....good game by russia they wanted it more.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
You know the reason I actually put money on Russia was the amount of :heart: :heart: :heart: they
showed this tournament and they didn't disappoint me.

Amazing amazing amazing win! :handclap:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Congrats Russia! Well deserved. For some reason I'm not even really upset. At 3-0 early in the third I thought it was far fetched that Russia would even score once, then they got one and started dominating.

Now we can all crawl back into our igloos and be thankful we're the only country who knows what this tournament is.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
This tournament for Russia is very reminiscent of WJC 2002. Russia lost to Finland (this time it was Sweden) and Canada in the robins but revenged in the play-offs against both teams, and in the finals they were also trailing couple goals against Canada.

Last edited:

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
This thread will live in infamy whenever people argue that Russians have no heart.

Well deserved win, but a slice of humble pie is what all of us north of the border here need.

Brutal loss for us, great win for you guys.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
As a Canadian I'm kind of glad for this loss, I'm hoping to hear less about this "Canadian heart" patriotic tripe, the players of the other countries want the gold just as bad as us.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
As a Canadian I'm kind of glad for this loss, I'm hoping to hear less about this "Canadian heart" patriotic tripe, the players of the other countries want the gold just as bad as us.

Then what else will Mr.Cherry whine about on TV?

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Congrats Russia. Well deserved win.

I just really wish we would've won, especially for Marcus Foligno...

Surprisingly this loss doesn't bother me as much as last year's, although it probably should even moreso.

Last edited:

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
Worst Canadian team in years. Can't say I was expecting Silver this tournament. In before loads of people claim that Canada's doomed for the future because of two-straight 2nd place finishes.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Congrats Russia! Unbelievable, historical comeback. As disappointing a finish as it was for Canada I can't help but be inspired by Russia's play throughout the tournament, and no more so than tonight. Tremendous heart through the entire tourney and they deserved gold.

Let's not downplay Russia's win by discrediting Team Canada. We had as good a chance at gold as anyone in this tournament, and we got beat by a better team.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
This thread will live in infamy whenever people argue that Russians have no heart.

Well deserved win, but a slice of humble pie is what all of us north of the border here need.

Brutal loss for us, great win for you guys.

I was never one to say that only Canadians have heart, but it did appear that it was something that Russians were lacking in. I am glad that this group of Russians showed what they had. Canada really got away from their game in the 3rd.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
I guess Rönnberg was right about the Russians...

No I'm sorry I wont go there.

Amazing, awesome, incredible comeback by the Russians. I take this as a win for Europe. ;)

Tons of congratulations to Russia!!

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site

This.

It's very disrespectful. For some of the smaller countries the fact alone that they even are competitive at these tournaments with their small populations and small pool to chose players from shows heart.

It's so annoying so the way the Russians won pleases me.

Feel a little bit bad for the Canadian fans who travelled from far away to Buffalo and spend incredible amount of money but that's the way it is, there are no guarantees in sport.

Kurtrain

Jan 5, 2010
Congrats Russia!

I can't believe what happened in the third period. I wont lie and say that I am not incredibly upset, but I have to give Russia 100% credit for an amazing come back :handclap:

Now I am going to get really really drunk :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->