Congrats on 700 wins Mike Babcock!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Genuinely surprised. Not kidding. Great coach but holy shit is he ever stubborn in a job where you just can’t be

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
What's the significance of 700 wins? Is there any?

Celebrate wins 1, 50, 100, 500, 1000.

Unless if you're just giving Babs some good ol' love, then I guess it makes sense.

Anyway, congrats Mike. 700 more please.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
What's the significance of 700 wins? Is there any?

Celebrate wins 1, 50, 100, 500, 1000.

Unless if you're just giving Babs some good ol' love, then I guess it makes sense.

Anyway, congrats Mike. 700 more please.

So you think it's more appropriate to celebrate win 50 than win 700...lol

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
So you think it's more appropriate to celebrate win 50 than win 700...lol
He piled up all his wins with Detroit. He's won 172 games as a Leafs coach, in 344 games. That's not impressive at all.

Opening up a thread to congratulate him on 700 (arbitrary round number) wins is funny, when he hasn't even cracked 200 as a Maple Leaf thus far.

If this was a thread about him getting his 100th, or 500th as a Leaf, I'd be singing a different tune.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He piled up all his wins with Detroit. He's won 172 games as a Leafs coach, in 344 games. That's not impressive at all.

Opening up a thread to congratulate him on 700 (arbitrary round number) wins is funny, when he hasn't even cracked 200 as a Maple Leaf thus far.

If this was a thread about him getting his 100th, or 500th as a Leaf, I'd be singing a different tune.

I think it’s because there is only 8 coaches ever who have done it? I agree though I don’t give a shit about his Detroit record where most of those wins came from

Reactions: Stamkos4life

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

Please see. This is class.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can’t wait for the day he’s in the Hockey Hall of Fame and HB coaching fraternity members visit and shake their heads.

Reactions: rubous

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Glad you enjoyed your Sausage on a bun at BMO but please explain why Dermott only played 8:45 against Vegas and 45 seconds on PK when Ceci played 6 mins on PK??

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your Sausage on a bun at BMO but please explain why Dermott only played 8:45 against Vegas and 45 seconds on PK when Ceci played 6 mins on PK??

Dermott is still finding his legs against lower level QoC and in that tight a game, Babs probably doesnt want to go with his third pairing as much. As for the Ceci thing, he's our second best Pker and Muzzin/Ceci is one of the top units in the game right now? Why would any rational person pull him off the PK? Really missed Muzzin there the two games he was out.

Morgan Rielly is probably the guy who I would take off the PK at the moment. Holl has looked really good as of late on the PK when not playing with Rielly so Dermott/Holl against second units and the Excellent Muzzin/Ceci against the toughest comp. Would also help reduce Reillys minutes as he's banged up to keep him fresh for 5v5/PP.

Based on last year, I know Babs would like Dermott to play some bigger PK minutes but he was on the shelf for a long time so let him ease into it.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

I think our medical staff has more say into player ice time than the average fan realizes.

You can't just have a player come back from off-season shoulder surgery and expect him to get prime minutes.

I think the Leafs are doing it right. Slowly get him back into regular duty, and see how his body responds.

Reactions: qqaz

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I think our medical staff has more say into player ice time than the average fan realizes.

You can't just have a player come back from off-season shoulder surgery and expect him to get prime minutes.

I think the Leafs are doing it right. Slowly get him back into regular duty, and see how his body responds.

But I want everything now...who cares if he has been out hurt..make him play 15-20 minutes. Babcock should have made him fight Reaves too, but only using his bad shoulder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->