Congrats Czech fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Totally deserving victory.Real solid team that deserved to win.Great team defense and Vokoun made all the saves.I was waiting for Canada to play with urgency and go to the net hard but it never happened until too late,not typical of our teams usually.But again................nice victory.Yesterdays game against Sweden was a classic...best hockey game i've all year,could have went either way but the Czechs gutted it out.Good team.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I totally agree. Czechs were just too strong this time. 5 out of 10 right ? A big time hockey power. It's even more amazing considering they splitted with Slovakia. Imagine with all the other guys... :eek:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
my brother is now in czechoslovakia and he told me that Hockey is EASILY the most popular sports(to whoever said that soccer is the best sports in each european country except finland!) .. he said they are more emotional than canadian !!
:handclap: ! GJ to the czech and their great program !!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Kryoptix said:
my brother is now in czechoslovakia and he told me that Hockey is EASILY the most popular sports(to whoever said that soccer is the best sports in each european country except finland!) .. he said they are more emotional than canadian !!

yeah but soccer is still number 1 in the Czech Republic (not Czechoslovakia)

and it's not something I made up, since I'm half Czech and that I spend 2 months in Prague every year.

Vomiting Kermit*

I had my doubts about this Canadian team winning after the previous games, but it would have been nice to see them win again.

Congrats, Czechs! :)

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
wilka91 said:

and it's not something I made up, since I'm half Czech and that I spend 2 months in Prague every year.
he tells me that nobody talk about soccer .. himself (a big soccer fan) had hard time to find people to speak about soccer in Prague :amazed: !
btw I should have said czech republic my bad !

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Kryoptix said:
he tells me that nobody talk about soccer .. himself (a big soccer fan) had hard time to find people to speak about soccer in Prague :amazed: !

I know a bunch of Czechs myself, and soccer is the king there, though hockey obviously is well liked as well. In Slovakia hockey might even be number one, or close to it anyways.

Roger's Pancreas*

Congratulations to Czech Republic for putting out their best performance. Secondly it was great to see Tomas Vokun play a solid tournament, and Jaromir Jagr play with some heart for a change. This is the TEAM that deserved to win.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Boucicaut said:
I know a bunch of Czechs myself, and soccer is the king there, though hockey obviously is well liked as well. In Slovakia hockey might even be number one, or close to it anyways.
anyway .. from what he told me Hockey is REALLY big there !
he told me they are crazier than canadians(hard to beat) :amazed: ...
and we are fans that waited at 6am a saturday in montreal to get one of the 80000 tickets available against the lightnings last year .. and we failed .. all the tickets were sold in 2 hours ... so it has to be big .. :eek:

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Thank you, guys, I was really amazed by that all the people here (except Canadians of course ;) ) supported our team :handclap:

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Kryoptix said:

Yeah, hockey is something like national sport here. The only occasion when the Czechs show their patriotism ;)

After our yesterday's win, entire country erupted in joy. Our boys know how important the hockey is for our country so they don't play just because they want a gold medal, but also for the people here.

Bubba64

Aug 5, 2004
F-M
www.preds.wz.cz
A050515_KOT_STAROMAK_V.JPG

Thousands people in the main square in Prag .... Is it possible somewhere in Canada ??? I think no ... SO do you believe that CZECHS FANS LOVE HOCKEY !!!

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Bubba64 said:
A050515_KOT_STAROMAK_V.JPG

Thousands people in the main square in Prag .... Is it possible somewhere in Canada ??? I think no ... SO do you believe that CZECHS FANS LOVE HOCKEY !!!

We had our people on the streets after the 2002 Olympics (I was one of them in Ottawa), and also after the World Cup. Anyway congrats, you guys had the superior team this year, both on the ice and probably on paper as well.

But I cannot stand that avatar of yours! It makes me want to blow something up!!! ;)

SENSible1*

Dominant team first defensive effort. Well deserved win. Congrats.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Bubba64 said:
It's true, I think as fans we've become conditioned over the years to be fairly disinterested in the World Championships. At least on that scale. We watch it on TV and say "yay" if we win and "ho-hum" if we lose, but I don't think we take it very seriously, still.

Congrats to the Czech Republic. The best team won, and they had the best fans supporting them. :clap:

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Congrats Czech Republic...Definately the best team in this tourney and the 2nd best hockey Nation in the World...all right, you've earned number 1 for a while. ;) :clap:

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
wilka91 said:

Soccer is more widespread because it is played in every small village while hockey not. We have only about 160 indoor ice-rink.
However Czechs have more passion for hockey than soccer and hockey is more popular in larger cities in generally.
And Czech girls love hockey while they aren´t interested in soccer at all.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Czechs came out wanting it more, simple as that. We lacked a competetive team from the beginiing of the tournament, and got lucky for the most part making it here. Thus definitely wasn't our tournament to win. Czechs were miles ahead of us.
Vokoun was stellar, but at least I have the memory of his first game in montreal when the Flyers pounced him in the first period and got him pulled real quick in his debut. I will always have that Vokoun.
The Canadians will be back stronger than ever with the Tampa trio, Mr Clutch Joe Sakic, and all of the other names that didnt show up.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Bubba64 said:
Oh good, I was going to ask someone to post some pictures, I knew they'd be going crazy over there. That's awesome! Congrats to the Czechs, especially my boys Kubina and Prospal.

Not that anyone needs more "proof" that Czechs are nuts about hockey, but I love these pictures...have a look at the two crowd shots at the bottom of this page. Link That's the celebration for Ceske Budejovice's team being promoted to the Extraleague!!! Amazing. Imagine the crowd if they'd actually won something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad