Congrats Bolts!

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Congrats!

I hope this doesn't sound patronizing, but I was happy to see a non-traditional market come out on top against a team like NY. Between some of their fans refusing to entertain the possibility that they could lose, and the no-so-subtle bias of NBC, it sure felt good. (Plus as a Wings fan I'll always want Yzerman to do well.)

Also I'm curious -- have you all noticed much interest from non-hockey fans in the area?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Congrats!

I hope this doesn't sound patronizing, but I was happy to see a non-traditional market come out on top against a team like NY. Between some of their fans refusing to entertain the possibility that they could lose, and the no-so-subtle bias of NBC, it sure felt good. (Plus as a Wings fan I'll always want Yzerman to do well.)

Also I'm curious -- have you all noticed much interest from non-hockey fans in the area?

I've started seeing more carflags in Polk County :laugh: The New York and Boston transplants are E X T R E M E L Y buttmad about all of the "bandwagon fans." A guy in my hockey FB group posted a picture of half-empty Amalie stands before the game was even over last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad