News Article: Confirmed: Valimaki and Dube will start the season with the Flames

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011

Actually seeing guys win roster spots in camp has been a breath of fresh air the last few years. Well deserved for both players, and Andersson was just as good as Valimaki.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Holy moly you’ve guys need to pump the breaks on this Dube hype. If he gets 30 points and 10 goals that’d be a solid rookie campaign. Anything more than that is gravy.

giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I predict 63 points for Dube.

How did I come to this conclusion? I saw it in his name. Du63

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So nice to have family support like this. A dream come true for Dube, that's for sure.

I wonder if Valimaki's parents are in Vancouver to watch him play? Hope so.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I guess I should have said: "Who else is there that's good to replace him on the left side?
I doubt they will move Brodie back to the left side. They tried that... didn't work out so well.
I don't think anyone you mentioned is an NHL caliber defenseman. I stand by my original statement that Valimaki is here to stay. They burned the return bridge when they traded Kulak. No going back with the guys we have left in the system that can play LD, with the exception of Kylington and I really don't think he's quite ready for the NHL this season right now. However, that said, Kylington certainly is a better replacement option than Healy, Hogstrom, or the 2 Montreal players that we just got for Kulak.

We really don't know how Marcus Hogstrom would fare. He was signed this summer, but was injured all of camp. Sure he's 29, but is 6'4" and 201 lbs. and has played in the SHL and KHL. Elite Prospects has said Högström is a big defenseman with good offensive ability, vision, and puck skills. He also has a hard slap shot. Defensively solid thanks to his size and reach.

Hogstrom alone may have made Kulak expendable.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think as soon as Hogstrom gets back from injury and acclimates to NA ice, he'll be our #7

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We really don't know how Marcus Hogstrom would fare. He was signed this summer, but was injured all of camp. Sure he's 29, but is 6'4" and 201 lbs. and has played in the SHL and KHL. Elite Prospects has said Högström is a big defenseman with good offensive ability, vision, and puck skills. He also has a hard slap shot. Defensively solid thanks to his size and reach.

Hogstrom alone may have made Kulak expendable.
Can he play both sides? That would make an ideal #7 d-man.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can he play both sides? That would make an ideal #7 d-man.
Most LH defensemen played the right side a decent amount because RH are far less common. The ones that stick are the ones good at using their backhand

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Elisha Cuthbert ruined him. She's the Yoko Ono of the Flames. They started dating in May 2008. After that it was all downhill. Not enough sleep I guess although I really don't blame him. She was hot.
Phaneuf had some pretty serious injuries in the 2008-09 season and playoffs. During the season he suffered a hip injury that needed to be surgically repaired and he played the playoffs with broken ribs and iirc also suffered a concussion. He was never the same after that hip surgery, he lost a great deal of mobility

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Dillon had a really strong game. Juuso looked like a 19 Y.O rookie D there.
You get the really good, and the really bad. If he goes down that path, really think the AHL would be the right move for him. Having him with Stone doesn't help too much, Stone looks slower this year, which is incredible.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Dillon had a really strong game. Juuso looked like a 19 Y.O rookie D there.
You get the really good, and the really bad. If he goes down that path, really think the AHL would be the right move for him. Having him with Stone doesn't help too much, Stone looks slower this year, which is incredible.
Not to derail the thread, but Stone was terrible and seeing how Gudbranson did what he did, I wouldn't be surprised to see Prout out there on Saturday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad