Transfer: Confirmed Summer Window Transfers

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be a little irked that Saliba isn't coming until next year - y'all could use the reinforcements.

Curious as to how Ceballos fits into the team - does Emery try and use him as a 1-for-1 Ramsey replacement?

Reactions: BKarchitect

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be a little irked that Saliba isn't coming until next year - y'all could use the reinforcements.

Curious as to how Ceballos fits into the team - does Emery try and use him as a 1-for-1 Ramsey replacement?

Ceballos is not a Ramsey replacement, he lacks Ramseys aggression, pressing, intensity and late runs into the box. Ceballos lacks the goal and assist threat of Ramsey and is not as good of a player. Ceballos could be used more as a creative number 8 or number 10 than a box to box.

Saliba is probably not much of an upgrade on what we currently have this season already, so loaning him out is a way to ensure he plays and develops, and might be the best long term decision anyway.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

@Stray Wasp

How come Bruce is getting more offensive player signings than Benitez?

Because when Ashley donned his rubber gloves, and said, 'Assume the position', Steve Bruce said 'Yes, master.'

Joelinton and Saint-Exmin of the Valkyrie (I hereby lay claim to this forum's only ever Battle Beyond the Stars reference) were targets the club hierarchy (assuming a coven of lickspittles can be called a 'hierarchy') had determined to sign, and they denied Benitez funds as punishment for refusing to accept the pair. Benitez, you see, wanted more experienced players. As Steve McClaren did before him. As Alan Pardew did before McClaren.

There may yet be a sting in the tail, however, given Bruce has spoken of needing to sell in order to buy. Lazaar, Colback, Saivet, Murphy and Gayle have returned from their loan spells along with Rolando Aarons. The latter spent the second half of 18/19 on loan to Sheffield Wednesday, where Bruce spoke highly of him. As he fits the club's profile of being under-25, small, fast, light, tactically unsophisticated and not prolific in front of goal, he may yet play a major part in sending Newcastle down. Assuming he doesn't suffer the 984th muscle injury of his career. The rest of that quintet need to disappear from the wage bill. (Which may not be easy, since Gayle was given a pay rise last season as a sweetener for agreeing his loan to WBA to facilitate the incoming Rondon loan. Note: the people who run Newcastle United think they are smart and unfairly maligned).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad