Conference/Division Champs Watch

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
So, tonight we are all LA Kings fans. If LA beats the Ducks tonight in regulation the Avs are still in their own control of winning both the Division and Conference Sunday. Only bad thing here for the Avs is that LA is unlikely to dress a full roster, as they have nothing to play for in this game other than pride, they cannot move up or down in the bracket. Avs would need to follow up a Ducks loss in regulation today with a regulation win tomorrow.

As for the Division watch, it does not matter what St. Louis does tomorrow if the Avs handle their own end of it Sunday with a win of any kind, though a St. Louis regulation loss in the morning gives the Avs the Division via a tiebreaker no matter what. St. Louis plays Detroit. Detroit and Columbus are fighting for the right to play either Boston or Pit. Personally if I am either team, I would much rather play the Pens than Bruins, so maybe that means Detroit ices a full lineup and goes hard?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So, tonight we are all LA Kings fans.

Nope.
If Ducks win and Blues lose before our game we have clinched the division and can rest key players (that still are healthy) so that Lovejoy can't bust them up before the playoffs.

I am a Kings fan by the way tonight, but that is a valid argument I've heard around these boards after the Sharks game.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
While it's really good that the wings have a strong incentive to win, the benefit of playing the stars over the wild is not all that apparent and many here even think it would be better to play the wild. Interestingly the Ducks played better against the wild during the season so perhaps the Ducks will tank their last two games hard to get the Wild

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Wings have no incentive to win. Unless Columbus somehow loses to Florida tonight, which considering Florida completely packed it in at least a month ago, its not looking likely.

I agree, just let Anaheim get the win. The Conference is a nice accolade but a better chance at winning the division is much more important. I fully expect the Blues to win tomorrow, I mean come on they are not going to lost 6 in a row going into the playoffs, they are going to pull it together. So it going to be up to us to earn it.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
The Wings have no incentive to win. Unless Columbus somehow loses to Florida tonight, which considering Florida completely packed it in at least a month ago, its not looking likely.

Playing a banged up Pens and fold like paper Fleury vs Boston is not incentive? Not saying it is a huge incentive, but it is at least a small one.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
It sounds stupid, but I really want the Conference Champs to be the Avs.

Would be impossible for the rest of the NHL/Fans/Press to ignore what the Avs have done this year. I guess the bigger way to do that would be to win a round or two...but I don't know if that is a sure bet in any way, even if the Avs don't have to play Chicago or St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad