Condon (OTT) on waivers: cleared

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Apparently Condon is not being assigned to Belleville just yet

It makes no sense not to assign him to Belleville, unless we're just gonna use him to keep the bench warm on nights McKenna plays so that Anderson can take the night off and rest.

I bet there's a retained salary trade in the works. Half retained still saves Ottawa cash with McKenna up, and at 1.2M he's a low risk acquisition for a team like the LAK who could bury about 1M of his salary if he doesn't work out.

Reactions: Alex1234

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If it was a F or D I would agree with you - if they are ready they should play.

Given the nature of goalies though it is considerably harder to come up and play in the NHL and so far he certainly hasn't proved anything at the AHL level. He has had great games of course but consistency is the key - how does he look in a month or 2?

If he can be consistently good all season then sure bring him up for a few games but I also stand by my view of wanting a very good team collecting wins in Belleville and he would be a part of that.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Could see us making a deal with LA.

Something like Thompson for Condon.

Even St-Louis... Johnson and Jerabek for Condon.

Reactions: Alex1234

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I mean its more likely than anything else happening realistically. They cant get rid of him for free, and its all about money i wouldnt at all be surprised if a pick is attached to him to get rid of the problem.
Yep and again we would give away assets because of money...And we have what??30 mil in space lol...

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
This team has collected so many contracts that are completely unpalatable for other teams in Dorion's very short tenure: Burrows, Smith, Condon, Anderson, McCormick (?), Borowiecki(?). Not even giving themselves a chance to compete on their very limited budget with all these mistakes.

Reactions: Cosmix

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
This team has collected so many contracts that are completely unpalatable for other teams in Dorion's very short tenure: Burrows, Smith, Condon, Anderson, McCormick (?), Borowiecki(?). Not even giving themselves a chance to compete on their very limited budget with all these mistakes.
Pyatt, Hammond

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Where is Condon ? Last I heard he gave up a bunch to the Marlies and was diagnosed with a "lower body injury" after the game. Is the the Sens version of buying him out ? I find it interesting they are so vague with a goalie so low on the depth charts.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Where is Condon ? Last I heard he gave up a bunch to the Marlies and was diagnosed with a "lower body injury" after the game. Is the the Sens version of buying him out ? I find it interesting they are so vague with a goalie so low on the depth charts.

He is apparently injured, but might be able to get some NHL games in by the end of the season. There was some talk of him having surgery, but I am unsure if that ever happened.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point the best thing Condon has to offer Ottawa is talking his training buddy Joey Daccord into signing with the Sens

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
At this point the best thing Condon has to offer Ottawa is talking his training buddy Joey Daccord into signing with the Sens

Any news on Condon’s “lower body injury”. Any chance we see him at camp? He could be a nice insurance policy to backup Gus in the minors or fill in if Hodberg stumbles in Ottawa. It would give JD some games in Brampton.

Condon’s injury has a mental health feeling to it. I’m shocked no one has asked Dorian what his status is.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any news on Condon’s “lower body injury”. Any chance we see him at camp? He could be a nice insurance policy to backup Gus in the minors or fill in if Hodberg stumbles in Ottawa. It would give JD some games in Brampton.

Condon’s injury has a mental health feeling to it. I’m shocked no one has asked Dorian what his status is.
https://www.tsn.ca/condon-determined-to-return-to-the-nhl-with-sens-1.1285715
Condon bursting with confidence following long recovery from hip surgery

He had a bad hip. Had issues with diagnosis.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad