Condon (OTT) on waivers: cleared

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Condon doesn’t play for a while, has a bad first period behind a bunch of clueless rookies, and they waive him? What kind of coaching/managing is that?
He has been bad for over a year now, last night was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Dude has no confidence left it seems

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So Condon doesn’t play for a while, has a bad first period behind a bunch of clueless rookies, and they waive him? What kind of coaching/managing is that?
He was terrible his first game as well as pretty much all of last year too though.

I think they're just coming to the realization that he's not really an NHL level goalie even though he had a nice stretch for us.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I mean the silliness of the extension and its value aside, we are basically one groin pull away from having to roll a broken Condon or a 35 year old cup of coffee AHL goaltender. Awesome

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hammond extension was a lot more deserved though. He came in and was a hero, posting a 20-1-2 record, 1.79, 0.941 SV% helping the team to do a miraculous come back and make the playoffs with 99 pts. That got him 3 years at 1.35 AAV

Condon had a nice stretch when acquired, but you saw as the season went on that he was not that good, he helped the team stay afloat while Andy was away with 19-14-6, 2.50, 0.914 SV%. That got him 3 years at 2.4 AAV????

Condon had a much better body of work outside the NHL than Hammond did. His AHL and ECHL numbers were quite good, so it was easier to believe it wasn't just a case of getting hot for a short period. Still, the contract itself was too much regardless.

Reactions: Xspyrit

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The extension made no sense. Especially for a team so cash starved. No other team would have offered those dollars and term to Condon. Nothing about it made any sense at the time and makes even less sense now.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What would you do instead?

A bit late to the party here, but I would start Condon next game. We all know he was brutal against Arizona...give him a chance to redeem himself, and see if his teammates in this "great" room rally around him.

If he flops again, then send him to the minors for awhile.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The extension made no sense. Especially for a team so cash starved. No other team would have offered those dollars and term to Condon. Nothing about it made any sense at the time and makes even less sense now.

I kinda get it to be honest. Condon saved our season and played fairly well although you could see he had a hard time keeping up with the workload at the end. Nowadays when goalies play well, even for short periods of time, they get longer term contracts by teams desperate for goaltending (See Darling, Talbot, Dubnyk, Lack, Hutton and etc). Had we not given Condon a deal he would've gotten one somewhere else and when considering Anderson is often injured and streaky it was a calculated risk.

I get that it now seemingly turned out bad and we can say it was a bad decision but back then the point was to see Anderson and Condon split games nearly 50/50 so his contract considering that wasn't that bad. It's a lot of money for a backup but Condon was counted on to be a 1B type of guy more than a backup.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

His agent leveraged the fact that Condon saved the season and we had no better option.

We are dirt poor so we are desperate. It is very easy to take advantage of desperate teams. Especially when everyone knows how desperate you are.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Doesn’t look like they’re calling up Mckenna does it? I guess the same approach as the Zack Smith thing?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
His agent leveraged the fact that Condon saved the season and we had no better option.

We are dirt poor so we are desperate. It is very easy to take advantage of desperate teams. Especially when everyone knows how desperate you are.

he was a f***ing back up

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Ride Andy till the wheels fall off. Condon signing was bad deal for the Sens another brilliant PD move , thought he has a Murray clone.

L.A. lost quick but they have two goalies playing better then our two goalies even though does not seem like it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ride Andy till the wheels fall off. Condon signing was bad deal for the Sens another brilliant PD move , thought he has a Murray clone.

L.A. lost quick but they have two goalies playing better then our two goalies even though does not seem like it.

Personally I’d trade Andy while he still has value. A team like Philly has to be interested.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I doubt this. the agent had ZERO leverage. the guy is a backup journeyman goalie. Dorions foresight and pro evaluation is just horrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad