Condon (OTT) on waivers: cleared

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
There is no chance we will be burying a guy with ~5 million dollars left on his contract in the AHL. We couldn't even finish 1 season with Hammond and had to give up a 3rd to get rid of him.

Yeah, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a trade where we move Condon out and take another undesirable goalie back, but that's obviously easier said than done. I'm just (very) over Condon being on this team and am trying to brainstorm creative ways out of it, but we're stuck with him.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Any chance Gustafsson is our Murray?
Comin in at 20yo and staying with the club

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Any chance Gustafsson is our Murray?
Comin in at 20yo and staying with the club

You mean our ECHL goalie?

Seriously though Murray played 70+ games in the AHL at over .930 save % before making it to the NHL.

Reactions: Alex1234

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You have to feel bad for the guy but that was a very ugly goal to let in. I doubt he gets picked up on waivers but it's an opportunity for McKenna or Hogberg, let's see how well they do. I'm not sure EM will be happy paying Condon his salary to be in the AHL though, we may not have seen the end of Condon just yet given he still has another yr left on his contract. Ottawa needs to start looking for a #1 goalie too.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You have to feel bad for the guy but that was a very ugly goal to let in. I doubt he gets picked up on waivers but it's an opportunity for McKenna or Hogberg, let's see how well they do. I'm not sure EM will be happy paying Condon his salary to be in the AHL though, we may not have seen the end of Condon just yet given he still has another yr left on his contract. Ottawa needs to start looking for a #1 goalie too.

I'm sure it makes no difference, he's paid 2.5 M in the NHL or the AHL. still same amount.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He'll be back. This is purely to get him some games in and build up his confidence. No way Melnyk pays for him to play in the AHL for a long time.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Waiving Condon is just a formality so they can send him down to play some games after he clears. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who can sit a long time and then play a good game. That 1st goal seemed to really rattle him. Hopefully some ice time down there even if he has to yoyo back and forth between Ottawa and Belleville during November will help. I don't really see a good B option with their AHL/ECHL goalies unless McKenna has some surprises left in the tank (no pun intended).

Reactions: Alex1234

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Does anybody think he will get claimed? I can’t see it

I think he clears.

If he goes anywhere, it'll be in a trade with half his salary retained to a team with no options that needs a goalie bad. If half his salary is retained, a cap ceiling team can bury him and get back almost all of the 1.2M cap hit. The Sens also save money overall if they replace him with McKenna this season and then get a backup costing less than 1.5M next season.

Right now, LAK are the only team that fits that description. No way they claim him at full salary though.

Reactions: Taluss

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's the cost of the replacement more likely to ruffle his feathers than Condon being in the AHL or NHL.

Yeah, it's a big jump in $$$ for MM, $175,000 in the AHL to $700,000 in the NHL.

Fred Farkle

Feb 2, 2016
So Condon doesn’t play for a while, has a bad first period behind a bunch of clueless rookies, and they waive him? What kind of coaching/managing is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad