Condition of Olesz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Hey, does anybody have any confirmed reports about the current condition of Olesz? As we all know, he was in a bad way when he left the ice, and I'm trying to get follow up on the injury, but haven't turned up anything myself?

Anybody else have anything?

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
Concussion, Broken Nose, possible broken cheek bone, and something wrong with his neck possible be as well.

Crushing scott stevens clone of a hit by Phanuef that was not a elbow.

chicpea*

Just what I heard about an hour ago: (possible) broken nose and cheek, likely severe concussion. There was also a *rumour* that Olesz was playing with or had recently suffered a concussion. I hope that's not true.

finzup77r

Apr 9, 2003
Boston
Visit site
chicpea said:
Just what I heard about an hour ago: (possible) broken nose and cheek, likely severe concussion. There was also a *rumour* that Olesz was playing with or had recently suffered a concussion. I hope that's not true.
They just said on TSN during the US game that he was diagnosed w/ a severe concussion and nothing else

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Miller brought up a good point that he might have swallowed his mouthguard. I wondered why they were checking his mouth and making him stick out his tongue. No idea how they would have fixed that if it actually happened.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They made him stick out his tongue so that he didn't swallow it.
It's a common thing when someone loses consciousness.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Mayhem said:
I am pretty sure that is impossible and that is in fact an old wives tale.
I know of people who had swallowed their tonge and started choking on it. I don't think they litterally 'swallow' it, but rather the muscles are relaxed and the tongue goes to the back of the mouth and blocks the breathing passage.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Douggy said:
I know of people who had swallowed their tonge and started choking on it. I don't think they litterally 'swallow' it, but rather the muscles are relaxed and the tongue goes to the back of the mouth and blocks the breathing passage.

That is exactly what happens. Can't really swallow your tongue.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Douggy said:
Yep. It's usually called "swallow one's tongue" but is in fact what you said.
I've seen it happen a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->