Conacher

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He seems like a passenger. His size hurts us.

Still a bad trade.

Yeah one of the few players that gives his all and is mentally prepared to play is the problem. Give you head a shake.

Bad trade? for the 4th leading rookie scorer and a prospect that is still 18 years old, which was transitioned from a 2nd round pick. For a big goalie with a terrible 5 hole that would be number 3 on the depth chart.

I know you like many of you this poster wants to find a scape goat but the bottom line is this team isn't prepared to play games. The idiotic mistakes made by three quarters of the team is the reason they suck.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
What? Conacher is not the teams problem. Id like to think, Spezza, Karlsson,Michalek Greening, Gryba, Philipps, Neil,Cowen, Wiercoch have been worse than him.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
I'd start with Greening Smith before pointing the finger at anybody.

Their lack luster play has been embarrassing, especially for role players. Greening forgot how strong and big he is.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
What happened to the "pesky" sens? Conacher is the poster boy for "pesky" in my mind!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Is it safe to say that several posters on this board have no idea what they are talking about?

I think so.

I think some people are more concerned with proving themselves right to a bunch of strangers then they are actually discussing things.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Conacher's stats with Turris:

ES TOI: 50:46
Goals for per 20: 1.182
Goals against per 20: 0.394
GF%: 75
Corsi for %: 54.4

Conacher's stats with Spezza:

ES TOI: 36:15
Goals for per 20: 1.657
Goals against per 20: 0.552
GF%: 75%
Corsi for %: 52

Conacher's stats with Smith:

ES TOI: 17:57
Goals for per 20: 1.114
Goals against per 20: 0.000
GF%: 100.0
Corsi For %: 54.2

Don't really care if he's not racking up personal stats, all the lines he's played on have done well while he's been there.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Sooo is the OP going to be crapping out his first cornhole or the one he's had torn for him in this thread?

Berserker*

I can't say that I agree. Conacher is still very inexperienced at the NHL level so he hasn't quite carved out a role and he is still pretty underdeveloped physically.

I think as Conacher gains strength and continues to embrace that agitator role he could end up being a top caliber third line agitator who can play top six minutes. I could see him being a somewhat similar player to Brad Marchand or Darcy Tucker if he is developed correctly.

He seemed pretty weak last season and this year his strength level appears to be average so as he hasn't quite been as effective physically as he could possibly be when (and if) he makes considerable gains in the strength department.

If Conacher ends up being a 20-20 guy while also being a top five agitator in the league, then that is a huge win for us.

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Everyone on the team except Spetsa is less than a point per game. Start gutting the organization. Call up everyone from Bingo - if they each don't score in their first game just start working the phones and trading until you get someone who does.

I vote Main for our GM. Without question this is what we need to do ainec!!

This conacher hate is ridiculous...so glad we have a competent gm and coach to know what is going.

Bad trade? yeah, whatever makes you feel good about yourself and helps you sleep at night.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Wow, quite pleased to see the response to this. Was expecting it to be 50/50 at least, but nice to see the majority appreciate him. I think he has been really good and has been in on several goals in front of the net that he never got points on. He has also had a terrific motor, has great speed and battles like crazy. I really like him. Not positive he'll be a top 6 guy, but if he ends up being a solid 15-20 goal scoring 3rd liner who can jump into the top 6 in a pinch, that is still a very valuable player. He has also had some bad puck luck too, so more points will come.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Everyone on the team except Spetsa is less than a point per game. Start gutting the organization. Call up everyone from Bingo - if they each don't score in their first game just start working the phones and trading until you get someone who does.

Ummm, that's what Murray's been doing the last few years. Are people just realizing it?:rant:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if Conacher got an assist, for every goal that was scored while his ass was glued to the goalie this thread would not be here

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
He's been better than: Michalek, Greening, Smith, Neil, Kassian, Da Costa, and Pageau.

Agreed with all the players you named except for Pageau. Lets put Pageau beside Spezza and see what he does or even better yet lets put Conacher beside Kassian and Condra and see what he does.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Conacher is a slippery forward that gets to spots easier than other players because of his small size. He also has good finish around the net, somewhere some of our players rarely go.

Also, it's only his 2nd year in the NHL. Any weaknesses in his game can still improve.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It was a perfect trade deadline deal: we had no need for Bishop, so we upgraded our offense for the playoffs AND we get to keep him for many years on top of that. Win-win for both teams. Hard to know what other trade options Murray had, but it was definitely better to make the deal than not to.

I don't mind the small size, but the puck handling skills leave to be desired. Still, the hard work and annoyance factor make him valuable to this team. Just leave him with Smith and Neil, and be happy.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Some of you people make me want to smash my head against the keyboard repeatedly. Just ridiculous.

Conacher is far, far from being a problem for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad