Compuware CEO Peter Karmanos plans for exit [Compuware] by early 2013

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
ice_chip Chip Alexander
Karmanos said he would retire from Compuware in March 2013 and will move to Raleigh. Says will retain majority ownership of team.

May as well throw this here too. Great news

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
ice_chip Chip Alexander
Karmanos said he would retire from Compuware in March 2013 and will move to Raleigh. Says will retain majority ownership of team.

May as well throw this here too. Great news

Awesome news for the viability of the franchise for the future. It looks as if the franchise will become Karmanos' biggest focus into retirement. That's very good news for the people of Raleigh. Additionally, Jason Karmanos being so heavily invested into the team also speaks to the potential long term plans for the market.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
also of note posted just before that:

ice_chip Chip Alexander
Peter Karmanos says he hopes to have new investors in team in place in next 3-6 months. Still hopeful of getting local investors.

edit: and now a blog/article from the N&O
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/karmanos-say-hes-closer-to-securing-investors

this little blurb at the end was the most interesting part to me:

Karmanos said he hoped to gather with potential investors before the Sunday All-Star Game at the RBC Center. He did not name any of those who might be interested in buying into the team.

Karmanos is the co-founder, chairman and CEO of Compuware, the Detroit-based software firm. He said he planned to retire from the company March 31, 2013 and would move to Raleigh.

"I plan to spend a lot of time here and with this franchise," he said.

Karmanos said the sluggishness of the economy has not hurt in identifying potential investors, but said it has not helped.

"I think everybody is still nervous about a lot of things," he said.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad