Computer hockey game

mike62*

I am coming to the board in hopes of finding a good computer hockey game. First of all, I should list the things I don't want.
The most important thing is that it is not some sort of joystick hack'em game. I want players to perform to their statistical level, not some sort of joystick jockey game, I want the likes of a Crosby or a Malkin to lead the league in scoring, not Eric Condra. I want to be able to put out the players and have the results come by the strategy chosen.
Here are the things I need. I would probably like to have all the regular players already rated, although I suppose I could input the statistics if that is necessary. A game that has old timers already rated would be nice, but if not, at least a system in the game where I can input new players in to the game, and have them perform to their statistical level. I would like to be able to create my own teams, and my own league/division structure, not be locked into the real NHL divisions. The system should also be able to generate a schedule once I give it the parameters, and input it for my new league. The computer also needs to be able to play for the other team that I chose to make it represent, and then if I get lazy for some games, be able to play for both teams, and put the results into the standings. Providing standings and the current listing of stats is a must.
In a way, I guess what I am looking for is a hockey version of Diamond Mind Baseball, if you are familiar with that game system. Not that is has to be from that company, but the same sort of idea, stats based, strategy based, and realistic results. Sorry, Eric Condra.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry, I should mention, its a Windows7 laptop I use.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I am coming to the board in hopes of finding a good computer hockey game. First of all, I should list the things I don't want.
The most important thing is that it is not some sort of joystick hack'em game. I want players to perform to their statistical level, not some sort of joystick jockey game, I want the likes of a Crosby or a Malkin to lead the league in scoring, not Eric Condra. I want to be able to put out the players and have the results come by the strategy chosen.
Here are the things I need. I would probably like to have all the regular players already rated, although I suppose I could input the statistics if that is necessary. A game that has old timers already rated would be nice, but if not, at least a system in the game where I can input new players in to the game, and have them perform to their statistical level. I would like to be able to create my own teams, and my own league/division structure, not be locked into the real NHL divisions. The system should also be able to generate a schedule once I give it the parameters, and input it for my new league. The computer also needs to be able to play for the other team that I chose to make it represent, and then if I get lazy for some games, be able to play for both teams, and put the results into the standings. Providing standings and the current listing of stats is a must.
In a way, I guess what I am looking for is a hockey version of Diamond Mind Baseball, if you are familiar with that game system. Not that is has to be from that company, but the same sort of idea, stats based, strategy based, and realistic results. Sorry, Eric Condra.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry, I should mention, its a Windows7 laptop I use.

East Side Hockey Manger is your best bet. The issue is there's an older, free version, that will give you the basics, and a paid version that was last released in 2007. You can find roster updates and tools to create players and customize those stats, however, the game is not fully in your hands as far as customization goes. You're not locked into an NHL league as you can choose other leagues, and if you used the tools right, you could customize your roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad