Compliance Buyout: Mats Zuccarello or Zach Parise?

Which player?

• Total voters

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Well.. Zuccarello has landed far short of where everyone expected him to be (including Zucc himself, im sure). So its a question of "how to get the most for your compliance buyout money".

Purely financially, that would be Parise, which has both a larger contract and is also (3 years ?) older than Zuccarello. He is also under contract until he is 40 i believe ?

So from that standpoint, the choice should be easy. But the problem is that Parise is playing better than Zuccarello... While Parise will most likely decline, there is no guarantee that Zuccarello will elevate his game from his current play, so i honestly dont know. And adding my "Norwegian goggles" to be mix, im staying far away from voting, hehe..

All i can say is that i am sorry that Zucc isn't playing better, and i hope he'll get his act together next year.. he's been playing better than this his entire career.. and now, when he finally gets some security.. he seemingly falls apart at the seams... we can only hope that someone lights a fire beneath his... ehh.. yeah :)

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
with the cap rising to 84-88 rangers would have room to take zucarello back i'd hope for 2-2nds. im not ready to buyout parise. dubnyk and rask before zucarello & parise who are both still useful.

If they wanted him back for that money they would have signed him.

That contract is straight up booty cheeks.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
With how the wild started winning, and the amazing stories we have got from Russo and Parises podcast interview. I dont believe we are going to revisit any sort of trade with zach or believe he still has doubts about the future with how Fiala is breaking out, Ek is growing into a true professional and Kaprizov is coming. I could see them working out a compliance buyout and resign scenario potentially but that's kinda pipe dream.

Imagine the heart break of Zachs daughter if he doesn't play with her favorite friend anymore? Sad.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With how the wild started winning, and the amazing stories we have got from Russo and Parises podcast interview. I dont believe we are going to revisit any sort of trade with zach or believe he still has doubts about the future with how Fiala is breaking out, Ek is growing into a true professional and Kaprizov is coming. I could see them working out a compliance buyout and resign scenario potentially but that's kinda pipe dream.

Imagine the heart break of Zachs daughter if he doesn't play with her favorite friend anymore? Sad.

Not only is it a pipe dream, it’s illegal.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What I originally wrote here is no longer relevant, as I learned that the chance of a compliance buyout after this season is close to zero.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad