OT: Completely OT (Some Obscene Number+1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberati0n*

Is Bryan Donaldson the funniest living human?

http://favstar.fm/users/thenardvark

Bryan Donaldson @TheNardvark
"I'm more into the earlier day saints" - hipster Mormon

My dad got a stent placed in his right coronary artery. LOL, Dad, that's the gay side you big homo!

“Actually, Chris Berman’s play-by-play work doesn’t really bother me.†- deaf people

Bryan Donaldson ‏@TheNardvark 4h
Yes, your sign up front said “piso mojado†that sounds delicious I’ll have an order of that.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Man, I've listened to that song about a thousand times since the album leaked and I still get goosebumps during the ending. I'll be seeing them in Detroit in September.

Liberati0n*

FactHive ‏@FactHive 15m
1 in 5 adult Americans believes the sun revolves around the earth.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Man of Steel was pretty good. Better than I was expecting...but way too heavy on the destruction. You can tell a story and make a movie without the over the top decimation of a city like that. And poor Smallville...they'll never recover from that damage.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
That poll is like 14 years old and it keeps getting brought up.

You have your Europeans coming in and commenting and also other Americans. Always same stupid responses. "Dumb rednecks," or "dumb Christians!"

Four out of Five Americans Know Earth Revolves Around Sun
Probing a more universal measure of knowledge, Gallup also asked the following basic science question, which has been used to indicate the level of public knowledge in two European countries in recent years: "As far as you know, does the earth revolve around the sun or does the sun revolve around the earth?" In the new poll, about four out of five Americans (79%) correctly respond that the earth revolves around the sun, while 18% say it is the other way around. These results are comparable to those found in Germany when a similar question was asked there in 1996; in response to that poll, 74% of Germans gave the correct answer, while 16% thought the sun revolved around the earth, and 10% said they didn't know. When the question was asked in Great Britain that same year, 67% answered correctly, 19% answered incorrectly, and 14% didn't know.

Every time it's brought up, American writers somehow "miss" this, its not hidden as you can see here.

So in other words, 100% of jackass anti-American writers have raging confirmation bias. Pff yeah right, they know what they are doing.

Vladiator16*

You have your Europeans coming in and commenting and also other Americans. Always same stupid responses. "Dumb rednecks," or "dumb Christians!"

Every time it's brought up, American writers somehow "miss" this, its not hidden as you can see here.

So in other words, 100% of jackass anti-American writers have raging confirmation bias. Pff yeah right, they know what they are doing.

Don't you know, only America has stupid people. :shakehead

Liberati0n*

It couldn't be that that (horrible) twitter account posted that statistic because it's based in America, run by an American, and followed primarily by Americans. I'm certainly aware that the rest of the world is filled with morons too. Adding statistics from other countries isn't a defense of Americans, but a condemnation of everyone. I wonder what percent of this forum would answer the question correctly.

Liberati0n*

I think this is the first time I've ever felt sad about a well known person dying.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
jimcarrey1.jpg

20121126_kkt_sb4_191.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
http://dc.eater.com/archives/2013/06/27/eater-readers-favorite-and-least-favorite-pizzas.php

Eater's last Open Thread asked readers, "What's the Best/Worst Pizza in D.C.?" Pizza is clearly something that people feel passionately about, with more than 100 commenters and tipline respondents weighing in. It's also not surprising that pizza is a divisive topic — several locations, including those appeared on both the "favorite' and "least favorite" lists.

We've mapped out the favorites, but first, the bad news. These pizzas all received at least one vote for "worst pizza" (those bolded also appear on the "best" list, so take that as you will): Pizza Autentica, Manny & Olga's, Moroni & Brothers, Ledo's, 2 Amys, Mario's, Costco, Paisano's, Jumbo Slice (sober), Graffiato, Naked Pizza, Etto, Pete's New-Haven Style Apizza, Radius, District of Pi, Pizzeria Paradiso, Matchbox, Ghibelina, Armand's, Mia's.

Meanwhile, here are the favorites (an honorable mention goes to Coppi's, which got several votes but is closed for now).

Ledo's is the best.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Quattro Formaggi for me, though that's Alexandria. Not sure if it's eligible for the contest.

Out of the ones listed as 'worst', no chance Matchbox or Graffiato are anywhere close to the worst.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Out of the ones listed as 'worst', no chance Matchbox or Graffiato are anywhere close to the worst.

I prefer other stuff at Graffiato, but the pizza is pretty great.

Overall my favorite is probably Armand's, but I have loved what I've tried from Pi, too. Guess I'm a deep dish fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->