Completely New to Hockey

Judge13

Aug 11, 2019
Hey all,

So I am brand new to Hockey. I'm transitioning from Football. I feel that there is more playability with Hockey than after post secondary football.

I'll be detailing my journey (if anyone cares) about the transition. Hockey Players here were looked at like the kids from Letterkenny and football players and hockey players never ever got along. So needless to say.. a week ago was my first day on skates. I got a cheap pair of Supreme 140's and wow they were the most painful and I actually blew apart the skate. Onlookers helped me up and told me that I was too big/ strong for cheap skates.

So I decided to pull the trigger and commit to learning and becoming a studentbof the sport. After a 3D scan amd trying on 46 pairs of skates.. I landed on a pair of Bauer Vapor X800 Gen. II. As they're on sale to make way for the new Bauer Vapor 2.9.

If you made it this far reading my story, thank you! I'd only ask for advice, tips, and most importantly prayers that I don't break anything haha!

Also, as I am new to skating, how do you deal with people pointing and laughing at you as you learn to skate during a Public Skate or kids like 7 years old skating circles around you?

Thanks All!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad