Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Fun fact if you play nhl 19:

when you go to create your be a pro they are wearing that same all black jersey with the grey fade but with an nhl logo and diagonal stripe things across the grey fade. Ill take a picture when I get a chance.

Reactions: Sk8M8

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Fun fact if you play nhl 19:

when you go to create your be a pro they are wearing that same all black jersey with the grey fade but with an nhl logo and diagonal stripe things across the grey fade. Ill take a picture when I get a chance.
So you're saying our uniform designers forgot to do their homework and copied someone else's?

Maybe they should have copied off of a smarter kid.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Here it is
20181226_133105.jpg

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
They should just scrap it all together. Only half a season left to showcase them at home, they missed the Christmas season for sales and it seems that they aren't confident in the design.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
They should just scrap it all together. Only half a season left to showcase them at home, they missed the Christmas season for sales and it seems that they aren't confident in the design.
I gotta believe they’ve already done this. I mean it makes zero business sense to release them this late and right after Christmas.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I gotta believe they’ve already done this. I mean it makes zero business sense to release them this late and right after Christmas.
Maybe it's a rollout for next season like they did for the blue and whites. They were able to get the Lightning pants in there after the initial feedback.

Seems excessive, but if they felt it worked then...

That could also be why announcing after Xmas is a strength. Get an all-timer, rather than another BOLTS.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Maybe it's a rollout for next season like they did for the blue and whites. They were able to get the Lightning pants in there after the initial feedback.

Seems excessive, but if they felt it worked then...

That could also be why announcing after Xmas is a strength. Get an all-timer, rather than another BOLTS.

That was my feeling until I saw the leak and how little work had been done for it. I hate to say it but I have no reason to believe that the leak was not accurate

Reactions: berlin

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
That jersey is ugly as sin and I wouldn't be shocked if they took some public opinion polls and went back to the drawing board.

Well, maybe not ugly, but certainly boring. If we wanted to wear our practice shit that bad, just wear it.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
is it possible that TB put the brakes on the 3rd jersey for this year when the all-star jersey was going to look like this?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It’s possible.

That or the backlash from the leak? Maybe a combination of both.
I like the teams getting individual sweaters from a sales perspective. They don't do novelty sweaters in the NHL, and all-star jerseys don't seem to normally sell that well, so making a team variant that could maybe sell pretty well (even if only in some markets each year), they can make some more money and fans get some reasonable variation from the normal kit.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Ah poo. I don't like that nearly as much with the grey mid stripe. :(

I agree that it could make a nice third if that wide strip was Bolts Blue.

If that strip was blue it would bleed into the black making it barely visible from a distance. Not trying to sound like a d*ck just an observation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad