Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
not sure where to put this. I guess here. The trade is that The Identity Tampa Bay will send you e-mails.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What the **** is a Sparkman Wharf?
It's not really a plaza I guess, as it's going to face and deal with the water.

The name is a nod to Stephen Sparkman, Tampa Bay's first congressman, who secured the federal funding that created Port Tampa Bay in downtown Tampa.

Sparkman was active around the year 1900, but you've got to think that Tampa Bay Lightning...

official Sparkman Wharf twitter: sparkmanwharf (@sparkmanwharf) | Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit The Lights

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Last year, it drew crowds for the Art of the Brick, a traveling collection of more than 100 Lego sculptures brought to Tampa by Vinik and his wife Penny through the Vinik Family Foundation.

Vinik = best owner

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wonder when we get to see the new 3rds.

Same. I can only wonder how they intend on intentionally screwing it up just enough to where it doesn't become a primary due to popularity. It'll probably say "LIGHTNING" no differently than "NEW YORK/RANGERS" or even "BOLTS" just something cheesy like that which nobody can possibly like as much as our old uniforms

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Same. I can only wonder how they intend on intentionally screwing it up just enough to where it doesn't become a primary due to popularity. It'll probably say "LIGHTNING" no differently than "NEW YORK/RANGERS" or even "BOLTS" just something cheesy like that which nobody can possibly like as much as our old uniforms
I'll put money on throwbacks. That seems to be the trend.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The vision for the property — Sparkman Wharf — is one that focuses on local food and beverage options as well as loft-style office space and new storefronts. Hooters was founded in Tampa Bay, but its image as a large national chain is at odds with the vision SPP is pursuing for Sparkman Wharf.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll put money on throwbacks. That seems to be the trend.

We could only be so lucky. If they're smart they won't bring back the black 2001-2007 duds or else it'll displace our current look. Hell they better not bring anything black as a throwback. Go with our old home whites that we were wearing when we first made the playoffs in the mid 90's and we should be able to have some fun with it a couple of times a year. No offense to Phil Esposito but those numbers and fonts we had the first 2 years are like something you'd have seen out of Star Trek. At least the unreadable brush script numbers matched the "Tampa Bay" font of the logo.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

DjKiQEOXsAApnvV

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad