Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo, Arena Renovations & Vinikville - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=708390&navid=DL|TBL|home

Sunday, March 16th is "Sunday with Stanley"

"We are very proud to honor the 2004 Stanley Cup Champions next weekend, commemorating the 10th Anniversary of the franchise's hallmark accomplishment," Vinik said. "We have a great weekend planned for our fans and I am excited for the opportunity to personally lead a Hockey 101 seminar for those interested in learning more about the game. I love the game of hockey, and I want more fans in the Tampa Bay area to share our love of this terrific sport. We believe our newly introduced Lightning University program, featuring Hockey 101, 201, and 301 will hopefully help more people in this great region to better understand the game."

"Sunday with Stanley" is free and open to the general public. The Stanley Cup and members of the 2004 Championship team will greet fans on Ford Thunder Alley (west plaza) beginning at 11:30 a.m. Doors to the Times Forum will open at noon and Hockey 101 will begin at 1 p.m. on the massive LightningVision board in the arena. Vinik will be joined by 2004 captain Dave Andreychuk for the seminar.

Following Vinik's Hockey 101 session, fans will have the chance to re-live the magic of Game 7 of the Lightning's Stanley Cup championship game on the LightningVision board (approx. 3 p.m.). At the same time, a free open skating session for fans will be held on the Times Forum ice until 5 p.m. Two father/son hockey clinics will also be offered by the Lightning's Community Hockey Department, beginning at 5:15 p.m.

Street hockey for kids will commence on Ford Thunder Alley at 11 a.m. and free soda, water and popcorn will be offered from noon-2 p.m. The Lightning's merchandise store will be open at 11 a.m., offering discounts to all fans and a used hockey equipment sale will take place on the arena's promenade level, starting at noon.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Would be a good time to unveil a new third. Bring back the silver and black!

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
I actually love the color scheme of the current thirds; would love to see that scheme with the current logo (even though I'm not a huge fan of it) as the primaries with a black base/silver and blue secondary/tertiary third.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I hope so. I'm not a huge fans of the Leafs-light thing we got going on.

You and me both.

It won't change the ****** logo, but it will be a step in the right direction color-wise. The blue and white was awful from the beginning. We aren't an original 6 team, we don't need to look like one.

Also, victory stripes need to come back.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/PaulKennedyFOX
Medal Championship ring @TBLightning giving to every fan Mon vs Torts & Canucks 10th ann reunion. 1st class pic.twitter.com/zLIUjAzU1o
Bid_UqiIgAAWfUC.jpg:large

Yzlamic Preacher*

Funny thing is, I got one just like that for 20$ a few years back cause the bolt fell off. Really is an awesome ring.

I saw a nice one on ebay for $100, looks a little off though.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
OT, but I was at a Yankees/Rays game at Tropicana Field in September 2010; obviously for me, this is enemy territory, but that's not really the relevant part in all of this. *Someone*, because I have no clue whether he had any affiliation with the Yankees organization, noticed my hat and gave me a small bag just like the one in the picture in this thread, and it was a 2009 World Series ring. It's a tad bit too big and, as someone who hates wearing jewelry of any kind as it is anyway, it's little more than a possession I keep, but damned if it isn't probably my most prized sports-related possession.

I was also at a game in April 2009 when the Rays gave away replica AL Championship rings to the first 10,000 people who came or something, but obviously I would have no use for that myself; I either gave it to my parents or my brothers or...somebody. I would've sold it, but someone wanted it in the family, so I wouldn't turn that down.

Alas, I have a heck of a time ever getting over to the Forum for Lightning games and I'm guessing Monday will fall under the same category. Otherwise I'd love to get in on the action of getting a replica '04 Cup ring.

--

btw, were you born in Spain or did you end up moving there?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Alas, I have no children. So I guess it is me against your kid. To make the fight fair, I also will bring a dire wolf.

Since you have no kids the fight can just be my kids punching you in the junk, close enough. No wolf needed.

But if there are 2 or 3 (for Vasilevski too) out there after Monday that someone can get their hands on . Let us know so we can avoid unneccessary bloodshed.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Since you have no kids the fight can just be my kids punching you in the junk, close enough. No wolf needed.

But if there are 2 or 3 (for Vasilevski too) out there after Monday that someone can get their hands on . Let us know so we can avoid unneccessary bloodshed.

Please think of the Children (Xeno's child, my balls, and just because this has become a three way dance with Vasilevski, his balls too.)!

helen-lovejoy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad