Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Interview with Mr. V about hedge fund, Bolts, land development, etc...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/lightning-owner-jeff-vinik-to-talk-about-his-troubled-hedge-fund-future/2120021

Of importance to Bolts fans,

In the wake of major remodeling of the Times Forum, including a new scoreboard, Vinik pledged to spend more on customer service, improving the food and beverage options and upgrading the locker room.

Describing Yzerman and Lightning CEO Tod Leiweke as "outstanding," Vinik said he entrusts them to run the team and the Forum so he can focus elsewhere.

He wouldn't discuss the Lightning's finances and whether a new labor agreement propels the long money-losing franchise closer to break-even or even profitability. But he said he's committed to sticking with the Lightning — and his adopted home of Tampa — for the long term.

"While I like going back to Boston and it's still a community near and dear to my heart, I love it down here," he said.

His answer to another question — how long does he intend to own the Lightning? — was even more telling: "Till the day I die," Vinik said.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
BTW, what's the status on our "BOLTS" alternate jersey? Will it be used for another season?

http://www.rawcharge.com/2013/5/29/...-third-jersey-will-be-worn-again-in-2013-2014
Lightning Executive Vice President of Communications Bill Wickett announced this week in an email that the team will retain the third jersey for the upcoming 2013-2014 season. Wickett also confirmed that the team had no plans on modifying the uniform in any capacity.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
According to Raw Charge Lightning Executive Vice President of Communications Bill Wickett announced this week in an email that the team will retain the third jersey for the upcoming 2013-2014 season. I find this disappointing a new black third only makes sense. I hope they at least ditch the horrible white piping.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
In the STH drawing we won "Name a concession item of your choice for a year". I had no idea what it meant, so I was pleased when our ticket rep called saying we had won a prize: ""Name a concession item of your choice for a year" but she had no idea what it meant either.

Anyone else win something that they have no idea what the won?

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
fixed the lightning

Attachments

• lightningblkstripe.jpg
    lightningblkstripe.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 31

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In the STH drawing we won "Name a concession item of your choice for a year". I had no idea what it meant, so I was pleased when our ticket rep called saying we had won a prize: ""Name a concession item of your choice for a year" but she had no idea what it meant either.

Anyone else win something that they have no idea what the won?

I call concession items by my own names all the time. If they don't know what I'm talking about, that's their problem.

Whatever it is, call it something like 'Snert' or 'Soop'.

or in AD fashion:

More seriously, do they have an item called the 'Thunderburger'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad