Complete look of the Dallas Stars Reverse Retro Jersey...is still bad?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Martin Brodeur doesn't like 'em.

Alex Ovechkin’s favorite visor is the mirrored visor he wore as a rookie that made him look like RoboCop

“Tinted visor is just my style,” Ovechkin said in a Hockey News Q&A in December 2005. “I only wear it for that reason.”
A year later, however, the mirrored visor was gone and Ovi wore the smoky visor that is featured in option 2. It was later revealed that Devils’ Hall of Fame goaltender Martin Brodeur complained that the visor gave Ovechkin a competitive advantage. Ovechkin was the only player who wore the mirrored visor at the time.

“I said it wasn’t right because my game is watching an athlete, and especially when it gets to a shootout, it makes it tougher for me if I can’t see his eyes,” Brodeur said to the Daily News.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I’m a Stars fan and think they half assed them. To the posters commenting on the visor the actor is wearing, that’s only like that so you don’t focus on his face. I’m honestly surprised that isn’t blatantly obvious to everyone.
It's odd that anyone cares about the visor seeing as the guy is a model and this is a thread about uniforms. Theres more things to life than being really, really, really good looking. And that's what the designers were thinking with this jersey.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
To be honest I thought they were the best looking jersey of the retro's to begin with.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Still absolute garbage. I would've rather had them bring back the Mooterus with a different color scheme than this half assed monstrosity.

Just looks like a futuristic klan robe to me.

Reactions: Elysian

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
tumblr_onlrs1O82T1qmob6ro1_500.gifv

Either sign Rosie LeRose or don't even bother, ya hosers.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
I didn't like the jerseys and I still don't like this. The players will be nearly invisible on the ice. But if you're going to strip all the character out of the original set, which is what the Stars did, then you have to give them credit for trying something different by going all-out and making every bit of the uniform white.

I would like to see them go back to the original set of these uniforms with their updated color scheme, but I'm glad these will only be worn a handful of times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad