Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Offensive skills yes, that would be fair. But I remember Recchi as being alot tougher for his size, i'll have to see how Zach plays in the Pro's to make that comparison.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I don't think that's an accurate comparison. Parise's a catalyst offensively; a player that will make his linemates better. He can control the flow on the ice, partly due to his style and partly due to his being a centerman.

On the other hand, Recchi's very much a complementary player. Despite the fact that he's a hard worker, he doesn't have polished enough offensive abilities to make players around him significantly better.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Mike8 said:
I don't think that's an accurate comparison. Parise's a catalyst offensively; a player that will make his linemates better. He can control the flow on the ice, partly due to his style and partly due to his being a centerman.

On the other hand, Recchi's very much a complementary player. Despite the fact that he's a hard worker, he doesn't have polished enough offensive abilities to make players around him significantly better.
are you saying parise > recchi?

the way you are describing them makes it seem that way. i'd take the guy who makes people around him better any day of the week over a complementary player.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:
are you saying parise > recchi?

the way you are describing them makes it seem that way. i'd take the guy who makes people around him better any day of the week over a complementary player.

No, I'd never say any prospect is better than an established NHL player.

The way I was intending on describing the two was to show that they bring different games to the rink. Parise makes his linemates better; that's part of his job as a centerman. A winger is less likely to be a puck distributor and as such less likely to make his linemates better.

I think offensive catalysts and complementary players are both integral parts of the success a team enjoys. Many of the top snipers in the NHL have been complementary players (feeding off good playmakers), so calling Recchi a complementary player is no slight against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad