compare leafs and jets who would you rather have

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
But this thread is about 23 man rosters, not a cherry picked subset of the rosters

I didn't get that impression from the original post. I thought we were being asked which of those trio of players would we rather have. If we're going for the big picture, why stop at the 23 man roster? Let's just ask which organization you would rather have. From management and coaching all the way down through the latest draft picks. In other words, would you rather be a Leafs fan or a Jets fan?

Reactions: Ares

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't like the idea of the which 3 would u rather have... Id like Matthews Laine Ehlers if i had to choose 3.

I think you need to include the Helles Morrisseys Troubas Scheifs Lowrys etc .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I didn't get that impression from the original post. I thought we were being asked which of those trio of players would we rather have. If we're going for the big picture, why stop at the 23 man roster? Let's just ask which organization you would rather have. From management and coaching all the way down through the latest draft picks. In other words, would you rather be a Leafs fan or a Jets fan?

OK, take the whole organization. I took the intent as being 'big picture'. Why have another thread about those trios? Hasn't that been done to death? Twice over, at least? If those trios were intended why not just say that? Name them in the title, spell it out.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
OK, take the whole organization. I took the intent as being 'big picture'. Why have another thread about those trios? Hasn't that been done to death? Twice over, at least? If those trios were intended why not just say that? Name them in the title, spell it out.

Wait, you're asking me why the OP started a thread that you feel wasn't needed and didn't title it properly? :huh:

I'm just going by what was put in the initial post and taking part in the discussion because it's summer and I have nothing better to do with my time. :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wait, you're asking me why the OP started a thread that you feel wasn't needed and didn't title it properly? :huh:

I'm just going by what was put in the initial post and taking part in the discussion because it's summer and I have nothing better to do with my time. :laugh:

:laugh: Just went back and looked at that OP. I didn't remember it being like that at all. Maybe I never read it and just assumed from the title - but I usually make it a point to read the OP's - for just this kind of reason.

Reactions: Laine Fan

Tdpjets

Dec 30, 2017
its not like I put the word "team" in the tittle, just hover over the thread tittle and you can clearly see its a comparison between 3 players from the leafs and 3 from the jets.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
its not like I put the word "team" in the tittle, just hover over the thread tittle and you can clearly see its a comparison between 3 players from the leafs and 3 from the jets.

Yeah, it was my mistake. Who would have thought "compare Leafs and Jets" would mean compare the Leafs and the Jets? :laugh: And the timing, starting this 2 days after the Tavares signing. How could I have assumed you meant compare the teams? :sarcasm:

My fault though. I obviously didn't read the OP.

It just leaves the question, why? How many times had the exact same thread topic been done over the last 2 years?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
In truth they're pretty much neck and neck. Jets are a bit better today and the Leafs are a bit better long term. IMO

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets:
Laine
Connor
Ehlers

Leafs:
Mathews
Marner
Nylander

The next 6 years should be fun to see how these guys develop.

If this is the extent of thread as in 3 v 3 I will take the leafs trio at this snap shot in time.

If we are measuring the entire organizations I gave an edge to the Jets up until the JT aquistion now I am not sure they might have the edge but I haven’t dug in to break it down yet. Allot of this is going to come down to if Liljegren and Dermott both transition into solid top 4 assets in the next two seasons.

leafs nation is pretty down on Andersen right now but he has posted back to back .918 seasons in a pretty loosey goosey system at times. Having JT, Matthews, and Kardi down the middle is really nice.

It would be interesting if we meet in the cup finals.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
I would choose Jets but it’s close.

This is on the basis of D talent and goaltending.

Trouba, Morrissey, Buff trump Reilly, Dermott, Gardiner by a wide margin, and Helle > Andersen.

Offensively there’s little to choose from, although Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri marginally trumps Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor for me, in part because their depth is at C.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Jets group doesn't necessarily care about money too much as Toronto will turn into that. When those sorts of things happen it can destroy a team, which it looks as Winnipeg won't be headed in that direction -- at least I hope. I think for us it's fair to overpay a little bit because of our tax purposes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->