Commish On Fox News Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Terrier said:
Commissioner Gary Bettman will appear on "Your World with Neil Cavuto" on the Fox News Channel sometime between 4 and 5 p.m. I can't catch it but if someone here sees it could you possibly summarize what he says? It probably won't reveal much, but hey, he's appearing on FNC, so I'm curious.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/01/252140.html

I have no desire to here an interview with him, He hasnt done much to help the game in my opinion.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
c-carp said:
I have no desire to here an interview with him, He hasnt done much to help the game in my opinion.

Yeah. Someone who quadruples revenues, increases total attendance, fixes the broken economic system (and by doing so ensure its continuing presence in Canada outside Toronto and Montreal), and (arguably) rescued the game from the defensive trap it had entered due to the influx of too much talent, all over the opposition of self-interested parties such as the NHLPA and some owners who were only looking out for their own balance book... nope, hasn't done much for the game at all.

In other news, the sky is neon green, in Rand McNally the hamburgers eat people, and the St. Louis Blues will win the Stanley Cup sometime this century.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Crazy_Ike said:
Yeah. Someone who quadruples revenues, increases total attendance, fixes the broken economic system (and by doing so ensure its continuing presence in Canada outside Toronto and Montreal), and (arguably) rescued the game from the defensive trap it had entered due to the influx of too much talent, all over the opposition of self-interested parties such as the NHLPA and some owners who were only looking out for their own balance book... nope, hasn't done much for the game at all.

In other news, the sky is neon green, in Rand McNally the hamburgers eat people, and the St. Louis Blues will win the Stanley Cup sometime this century.
A first year law clerk could have done the CBA, Bettman just got lucky in the fact that the owners wanted to fix the finacial things and get a salary cap on his watch. I am glad they did it but you are giving him too much credit.

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
Crazy_Ike said:

I think what he means is too much expansion...the quality of the game has suffered under bettman

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Crazy_Ike said:
and the St. Louis Blues will win the Stanley Cup sometime this century.
I agree with everything but this. You can write off a year, maybe 5, even a decade....but 94 years is way too much to write a team off for. :D

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Mr BLUEandWHITE said:
I think what he means is too much expansion...the quality of the game has suffered under bettman

The weakest expansion teams (also, the majority of them) occurred before Bettman, and it is quite arguable that expansion kept the game from getting even worse than it could have been, since it wasn't dilution of talent that caused the decline in quality, but the lack of exploitable defensive weaknesses brought about by *too much* talent after the opening of Europe.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
slats432 said:
I agree with everything but this. You can write off a year, maybe 5, even a decade....but 94 years is way too much to write a team off for. :D

I'm allowed to post that since I'm (or was, if they can't put together a team identity I can cheer for at some point) a disenchanted and dispirited Blues fan myself.

:help:

I am Jack's Fish

Keep in mind that the NHL Board of Governers and the NHL owners all as well pushed extremely hard for all of the expansion that the NHL went through...

Majik1987

I know kung fu...
Nov 27, 2005
Northern Illinois
slats432 said:

Unless of course you are the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball. Last World Series title in 1908. Ninety-seven years and counting... :handclap:

GWhale*

Nobody is going to become an NHL fan.. because they saw Gary Buttface do a little afternoon interview on Fox News. GET REAL.

In fact, seeing the guy probably frightened kids into only watching rounders for eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad