Coming soon to CBC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

The Tournament!~

I was just listening to CBC radio and they were previewing this upcoming series and it sounds outstanding. It is about a minor hockey team and spoofing the behaviour of the obsessed and deluded hockey parents. The owner of the minor hockey team acts like she is managing the Toronto Maple Leafs; one parent acts like it isn't a question of whether his kid makes the NHL, but when.

It is by the people who brought you An American in Canada.

MacDaddy TLC*

thanks for the links. For some reason my search at CBC was taking forever. I watched the video clips and my anticipation for the debut episode went through the roof.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
They were really hyping this show up at the Edmonton Invitational Bantam AA tournament while we were playing there

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
If anything this just reinforces the fact that CBC would cease to exist if Hockey ever died. No one ever watches it outside of Saturday Night. I almost feel sorry for them... this is such a weak attempt to get people to watch them. Making the Cut blew. TheTournament will probably blow too. I wonder what the next series will be? Reality Jock Straps? Date A Player? If this gets any worse, you'll start seeing signs all over the country "Hockey Here: Please Watch the CBC"

Just pathetic.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
CBC should make a made for TV movie about hockey. Kinda like Varsity Blues, but instead of a high school football team in West Cannan, Texas it can be a Midget AAA team from a small fictional town in Alberta.

Just a thought. :dunno:

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Papa Smurf said:
CBC should make a made for TV movie about hockey. Kinda like Varsity Blues, but instead of a high school football team in West Cannan, Texas it can be a Midget AAA team from a small fictional town in Alberta.

Just a thought. :dunno:

:help:

How about a show about me?

LeafsGirl

Mar 31, 2004
Toronto
no13matssundin said:
If anything this just reinforces the fact that CBC would cease to exist if Hockey ever died. No one ever watches it outside of Saturday Night. I almost feel sorry for them... this is such a weak attempt to get people to watch them. Making the Cut blew. TheTournament will probably blow too. I wonder what the next series will be? Reality Jock Straps? Date A Player? If this gets any worse, you'll start seeing signs all over the country "Hockey Here: Please Watch the CBC"

Just pathetic.

acutally i thought making the cut was pretty goood

MacDaddy TLC*

Unbiased Canadian said:
I watched the first episode of the tournament this week, and I thought it was pretty god damn funny.....just like every small town rink in Canada.
It was funny, although I had a Fifth Estate flashback when they started with the home video, "Wednesday morning4:29am -- where Championships start" and then at 4:30 when Barry McConnell was waking Robbie up for practice. I couldn't help but think the creators of this show saw the Patrick O Sullivan feature last winter and part of this is based on John and Patrick O' Sullivan. Still it was quite entertaining.

FYI, The video clips with Barry McConnell and Dr Singh have been updated on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->