Coming soon to a car (near you?) in Arizona: Phoenix Coyotes license plates

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I've honestly been very conflicted about the Coyotes situation since Winnipeg got a team back.
To be perfectly honest, for years I rooted for the demise of the Coyotes. I thought of them as the Jets to some degree and thus still my team. When they started having difficulties, and with the construction of the MTSC it became apparent to me that should they fail they likely could be heading back to Winnipeg. I read the BoH often as a means to get information before it reached the mainstream media and often just for some of the insights (Casual Fan was great regarding the legal aspect!). I sincerely rooted for the relocation of the Coyotes to Winnipeg.

However, once Winnipeg got the Thrashers my perspective shifted. No longer did I read BoH hoping for the final straw in the Coyotes back. I started to view the situation for what it is, a fan base being dragged through the mud for little fault of their own. Granted I think the fan base could be larger but there are many die hards that are being subjected to something no sports fan should be. I feel for the goyotes of the world, I truly hope that PHX can keep their team.

And though it took me a long way to get here... I think it's a great idea to have Coyotes license plates. Allow the real fans to represent themselves. Give a fanbase with no real presence in the community something to be proud of while driving around. Heck, a great demand for these plates can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Beauty. A true collector's item, whether the team stays or goes. I would buy them if I lived in Arizona!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->