Comic books and comic subscriptions

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
A quick browse here showed me that there wasn’t anything that truly went into what are the best current comic book series going , where to get an full set of an existing comic book (aka where can I get all the marvel civil war stories in one print) and what’s the best way and best current ongoing subscription to read?

Reactions: Mrb1p

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Civil War is collected in a trade paperback, you can find it at Chapters or even Costco in the book aisle.

Marvel has a service Marvel Unlimited, $10 a month where on your tablet, computer or phone you can basically read every single comic they've ever printed in order like a comic Netflix. Civil War I, II, Infinity War, whatever. My 5 year old son and I read an Amazing Spider-Man issue in order every night, up to like #95 now. Would be basically impossible without this service, to find or even afford any of the early issues in real life. Started Daredevil from the beginning...

You can try out whoever and whatever. If it doesn't suit you, then whatever, move on. I've spent time reading everything from Iron Fist to New Avengers, Punisher from day one, Wolverine, X-Men, anything you're in the mood for. Cant recommend it enough.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Sep 19, 2008
I managed to get a snippet of the Civil War as well as Black Panther comic books during a comic book giveaway at one of the minor league baseball games. Will check it out sometime.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
A quick browse here showed me that there wasn’t anything that truly went into what are the best current comic book series going , where to get an full set of an existing comic book (aka where can I get all the marvel civil war stories in one print) and what’s the best way and best current ongoing subscription to read?
hoopla has a really decent comic selection for free but they're like a 1 week lease at most.

I think they only have the new civil war though unfortunately.

Edit: I forgot it's based on your libraries stock.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Civil War is collected in a trade paperback, you can find it at Chapters or even Costco in the book aisle.

Marvel has a service Marvel Unlimited, $10 a month where on your tablet, computer or phone you can basically read every single comic they've ever printed in order like a comic Netflix. Civil War I, II, Infinity War, whatever. My 5 year old son and I read an Amazing Spider-Man issue in order every night, up to like #95 now. Would be basically impossible without this service, to find or even afford any of the early issues in real life. Started Daredevil from the beginning...

You can try out whoever and whatever. If it doesn't suit you, then whatever, move on. I've spent time reading everything from Iron Fist to New Avengers, Punisher from day one, Wolverine, X-Men, anything you're in the mood for. Cant recommend it enough.
Nice I didn’t know about marvel unlimited. That really seems like something that’s worth it. Do you know if it supports offline reading? Aka when traveling on planes or the like with no WiFi?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, you can download for offline reading. I've never done it before but I think there's a limit, something like 10 books at a time. If you Google Marvel Unlimited free month, you should be able to find a promo code to try it out for a month and see how it works for you. That's how I got suckered in, but totally worth it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I tried marvel unlimited. It had a huge selection, but had some weird issues like listing some comics out of order in events, or even omitting some side ones. I read house of m, and it was cool but I had to use an online guide for the order still. It also had some problems with downloading comics to read offline. Iirc even if I downloaded some, I had to have internet to sign in to read them. If those two things don't bug you I'd recommend it. The selection really is massive. I hope one day they curate better and fix the offline stuff. That was almost a year ago too, they could have improved since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad