Books: Comic Book Artist George Perez has passed away

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Legendary comic book writer and artist George Pérez has announced on his Facebook page that he has been diagnosed with Stage 3 pancreatic cancer, and that he has only six-to-twelve months to live.

Pérez, 67, said that his doctors discovered an inoperable tumor while performing surgery for a blockage in his liver on November 29, and that he has chosen not to prolong his life through chemotherapy, or any other kind of radiation therapy.

George Pérez Has Inoperable Cancer, Will Not Seek Radiation Treatment

RCO001_1468904846.jpg

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Pancreatic cancer is terrible, like his case, doctors often only find it when it is too late as a secondary thing.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
On December 7, 2021, Pérez revealed to his legion of fans that he recently received a Stage III pancreatic cancer diagnosis. He has six months to a year left, and he wants to make the best use of his time, which is with his family. His positive outlook on the life he’s lived, and to the future ahead of him, should be an inspiration to everyone. And his revelation has allowed his fans to share just how much they love him and how his work changed their lives.

George Pérez, You Are Why I Love Comics - Nerdist

Perez-Marvel-DC.jpg

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The Hero Initiative has announced today that, for the first time in decades, the critically acclaimed JLA/Avengers crossover is being reprinted.

The charity is dedicated to helping comic book creators who are in medical or financial need, and this news comes shortly after we learned that legendary artist George Pérez had been diagnosed with stage III pancreatic cancer.

Only 7000 copies are being printed.

JLA/AVENGERS Reprint Finally Coming This March To Honor Legendary Artist George Pérez

JLA_Avengers_Hero_Cv.jpg

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I met him and he was so incredibly nice he ran and jumped over a table to take pictures with us. I've been reading comics since the 60s and the amazing detail he put into projects with writer Marv Wolfman such as Crisis and The New Teen Titans is the best hero art I've ever seen in the Big 2. He's also the best Wonder Woman writer ever. He actually is a legend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad