comcast moves roots sports to highest teir

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Just to give ahead up comcast moved root sports to its highest tv package. So those that have them for TV but don't have ultimate tv package will not be able to watch the games.

There are two streaming services with root sports. Fubotv is 74.99 but no TNT and directtv stream which in a month is $108.99/m + tax for the tier that has root sports but it has TNT.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I forgot Max stream service will now stream live sports that are on tnt that add-on will end up cost additional 10 a month to what ever people are already paying for that service.

basic max now with ads 10 a month or 99/year + the what will be 10/m add on for turner live sports

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
so looks like those that want tnt and root sports best combo is probably fubo + max now with sports add on.
As someone with streaming packages only, DirecTV Stream (which I have) and Fubo TV appear to be the only 2 networks that give me all the channels I need. I also have a ESPN+ subscription as certain games air there. Watching local sports is a much more expensive proposition than what I had thought when I first cut the cord.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I'd really like to see the Kraken adopt something similar to Vegas where they just said "F it" to the RSN and put the games on a basic OTA channel and then made their own streaming option ($69.99/year ot $6.99/game) for all non-national games. Unfortunately, the business framework for most NHL, MLB and NBA teams is that revenue from the RSN was too much to pass up and why it costs so much for the consumer/fan.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I'd really like to see the Kraken adopt something similar to Vegas where they just said "F it" to the RSN and put the games on a basic OTA channel and then made their own streaming option ($69.99/year ot $6.99/game) for all non-national games. Unfortunately, the business framework for most NHL, MLB and NBA teams is that revenue from the RSN was too much to pass up and why it costs so much for the consumer/fan.

Not me. That would suck tremendously for 3/4 of the regions population who have ZERO option for Seattle OTA channels. Most of the state outside of the Puget Sound don't get Seattle OTA channels. At least with RSN people have the option to buy a package for it. I still can see Root after this notice, so I'm really curious when they will shut off the faucet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad