Combine rosters outside the big 6 and tell me how they would fare?

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Surely, but I don’t think many of them would’ve ever made the NHL without the help of for example the swedish system, the main purpose of my post was to suggest that maybe Latvia for example doesn’t have as much NHL talent as Denmark because their prospects have less possibilities of playing junior hockey abroad. Maybe ”the most part” is a bit misleading, the talent still has to come from somewhere, but I don’t think its at all weird to suggest that after a certain point the swedish system is probably better at handling high end prospects.

Still, does it really matter? I mean, as long as they develop players that are good enough for J18+J20 in Sweden or CHL they are going to ge a decent national team and some NHL players.

Hell, Pastrnak and Fiala got drafted from Sweden just recently and they are from supposed good development countries.

I understand what you were saying in the debate, but ever thought its just that Latvian prospects are not good enough for leagues abroad? I can guarantee that CHL team would find way to bring a top draft eligible prospect from Latvia, no matter the circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad