Combine 2 players that equals 1 good player

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I don't know where the speed is coming from

From Marner and eichel to mcdavid?

Eichel is one of the fastest skaters in the league, easily one of the smoothest with excellent mobility in his strides, sharp turns and is extremely agile. He makes zone entries against top d-men look effortless. In the second half of 16-17 lead the league in transition zone rushes even ahead of mcdavid himself, (and this was two moths following a miserable injury like a high ankle sprain that directly effects that.) which ultinately shows how good of a skater Eich is. Just this past year he was even chosen at the all star gam skating because of this.

While many thought mackinnon would be the only thread to beat McD, the only two players who got close to mcdavid and finished under 14 seconds were Brayden point and Jack Eichel who both had 13.something And jack stumbled at the beginning too....so if m not for that he potentially could of even won it was so close.

Anyway I don’t necessarily agree Eich and Marner = McD But I don’t think it’s a bad one either, Marner is pretty fast too.

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Laine isn't even as good as Marner

upload_2018-7-20_17-8-40.gif

44 Goals, second in goals in the entire league, one more point than Marner(played his last slump of games with a ankle injury), has higher P/60(and P1/60), having inferior total linemates for a majority of the season and is a year younger in ages and a season behind in draft year development.... Yep apparently somehow Marner is better...

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

On the surface that seems deadly but like a person said two pages back if this is a player becoming fifty percent mcdavid and fifty percent Laine he would be worse then a hundred percent mcdavid.

Of course based on my comments this is going to be seen as Laine hater.

I literally can’t be critical of anyone without some claiming I’m a hater. I’ve been called a Canucks troll, a leaf Matthews hater, a Laine hater. It’s comcal because all I’m doing is staying how I feel based on what has actually happened. Like anyone else...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
On the surface that seems deadly but like a person said two pages back if this is a player becoming fifty percent mcdavid and fifty percent Laine he would be worse then a hundred percent mcdavid.

Of course based on my comments this is going to be seen as Laine hater.

I literally can’t be critical of anyone without some claiming I’m a hater. I’ve been called a Canucks troll, a leaf Matthews hater, a Laine hater. It’s comcal because all I’m doing is staying how I feel based on what has actually happened. Like anyone else...

It’s because you don’t criticize your favourite teams players.

Also if Laine had average edgework and accelation(as those are his only flaws) he’d probably be a 90pt player with that alone, so meeting in the middle with Laines size, strength, IQ and shot I’m sure it would be the best possible combo in the league.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I realize I get irrationally angry when an OP outlines the rules of fun offseason threads and only half the posters comply. The heat is getting to me.

Kyle Wellwood + Brendan Gallagher = Brad Marchand

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I know this thread is put 2 players together to make another real player instead of some dream player but in the realm of dream players I’m surprised I haven’t seen

Gretzky + Lemieux = does not compute

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Thornton + Prime Lucic = Lindros?

Thornton's superior vision and passing are slightly mitigated by Lucic having stone hands for most of his career. That being said, Prime Lucic was a scary bastard and still managed to put up 60+ points for a couple years. His lack of production is enhanced by Thornton being the best playmaker around for his era.

Couldn't think of a guy like Lucic, but a better shot who didn't tip the scales since Jumbo is a first ballot in his own right.....

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s because you don’t criticize your favourite teams players.

Also if Laine had average edgework and accelation(as those are his only flaws) he’d probably be a 90pt player with that alone, so meeting in the middle with Laines size, strength, IQ and shot I’m sure it would be the best possible combo in the league.

I really don’t think that’s it. Because that isn’t true my team finished 31st I spent a great deal of time bashing there players. I just don’t bash there best player because he’s the best forward I’ve seen on my team in over 20 years. But that doesent mean I can’t bash him. If he does something bad I’ll bash him but it just so happens the two things he’s worst at is relying on his teammates (allowing them to get a chance when he should just finish it off himself) and spraining his ankle twice in his first 3 years (hardly avoidable) , so he’s kind of hard to bash. I mean it you were going to create a player in a video game Jack Eichel is one of those guys you’d make every attribute like mid 80s or higher. Maybe his defensive game isn’t the strongest but he’s never really had a competent team defense or goalie to work with, besides how many people spend time on here bashing there favourite players. That doesent really make a lot of sense.

But I get what your saying at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad