Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Olesz, why risk the hit or miss pick when you've got a chance for the home run with a .350 hitter

leafaholix*

Easily Olesz.

A team taking Schremp in the top 10 is taking a major risk.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Leafaholix said:
Easily Olesz.

While I agree that Olesz is the easy choice, saying that taking Schremp in the top ten is a major risk is just excessive.

He may be a risky top 5, but I personally would be shocked to see him last outside of the top 8, furthermore top 10. BUt who knows, maybe he'll be the Jiri Hudler or Patrick O'Sullivan of this draft.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Easily Olesz.

The risk is balanced with potential for reward. Let's not disregard the fact the Schremp has incredible skills. I'd take Schremp as soon as 6th.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Leafaholix said:
Easily Olesz.

outside the top 5, Schremp is almost as much as a risk as the rest of the players available, except he's got huge upside that would probably rival anyone in the draft

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
I'm not sold that the Pens will draft 2nd. I think that they can trade their pick because Malkin is a lock at #2 and they don't have the money to pay the transfer cost. I think that they can do what the Panthers do last year

leafaholix*

Mountie said:
While I agree that Olesz is the easy choice, saying that taking Schremp in the top ten is a major risk is just excessive.

He may be a risky top 5, but I personally would be shocked to see him last outside of the top 8, furthermore top 10. BUt who knows, maybe he'll be the Jiri Hudler or Patrick O'Sullivan of this draft.
That's what I'm expecting.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he fell to later in the first round... Dave Bolland is a safer pick then Schremp. And there are a lot of teams that make safe picks rather then try and hit a homerun.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
columbus would trade their pick. they like other guys more. like ladd, thelan, etc. they would trade the pick to a team at the end of the top 10 that wants olesz. and i for one, hope we dont even think for one second of drafting him. i would stay away from anyone who has concussion problems, especially someone who skates with their head down

thestonedkoala

And I don't think Chicago will take a defenseman, they need more pieces on their offense and insurance in case Calder and Daze fall.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
thestonedkoala said:
And I don't think Chicago will take a defenseman, they need more pieces on their offense and insurance in case Calder and Daze fall.
they don't even have anything to insure on defense

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
RDriesen said:
columbus would trade their pick. they like other guys more. like ladd, thelan, etc. they would trade the pick to a team at the end of the top 10 that wants olesz. and i for one, hope we dont even think for one second of drafting him. i would stay away from anyone who has concussion problems, especially someone who skates with their head down
One concussion isn't a problem.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
MacLean said on his radio show that he's getting with his scouts very soon for two reasons. To talk about the upper echleon of talent and what kind of package they can throw together if they deem it's worth it. I'm sure most teams will be calling Washington and Pittsburgh to see what it would cost, but MacLean has shown he is willing to gamble to move up and get the guy he wants.

If Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are gone, I expect him to trade down to the 7-9 range and pick up a second rounder. I'd rather him draft Olesz, though.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
I can easily see CP (craig patrick) swapping picks with NYR. With NYR sending Jamie Lundmark to Steeltown. Pitt to #6 overall. Rangers take Malkin. (Perhaps a minor adjustment in a later round for the move)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->