Confirmed with Link: Columbus trades Kerby Rychel for Scott Harrington and a conditional pick.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now15 seconds ago

TOR gets Kerby Rychel from CBJ for Scott Harrington and a conditional pick.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I get that Rychel really wanted out and I'm glad he's gone but what are we going to do with all these bottom pairing defensemen next season?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I get that Rychel really wanted out and I'm glad he's gone but what are we going to do with all these bottom pairing defensemen next season?

Harrington wasn't going to make Toronto according to their fans, so I am assuming he's going to the AHL.

Feels bad man

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
ob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now28 seconds ago

The pick in TOR-CBJ is a conditional 5th. If Harrington is put on waivers by CBJ and gets claimed, CBJ gets a 5th. If he clears, no pick.

So, basically, we could have just given up on a first rounder 3 years ago for a 5th.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Doesn't seem like a great deal for CBJ. To paraphrase sam, we need another third line stiff like a hole in the head. Good sign for Anderson.

Deal gets better all the time. I "know" Rychel & Co might be a head case/pain in theass but sheesh this return is why bother?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

The pick in TOR-CBJ is a conditional 5th. If Harrington is put on waivers by CBJ and gets claimed, CBJ gets a 5th. If he clears, no pick.

So, basically, we could have just given up on a first rounder 3 years ago for a 5th.

Does Jarmo have anything resembling a plan at this point? I hate to think of how we're going to clear salary cap space. Unbelievably piss poor asset management.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

Yeah but that's only if nobody else in the league wants to claim Heatherington for free.

[Tweet]746714013237657600[/MEDIA]
Apparently this includes Jarmo.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Doesn't seem like a great deal for CBJ. To paraphrase sam, we need another third line stiff like a hole in the head. Good sign for Anderson.

Deal gets better all the time. I "know" Rychel & Co might be a head case/pain in theass but sheesh this return is why bother?

I think Harrington plays defense.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does Jarmo have anything resembling a plan at this point? I hate to think of how we're going to clear salary cap space. Unbelievably piss poor asset management.

He doesn't appear to be a genius in that area. less so every time he does something stupid like this deal.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Safe to say Jarmo swung and missed on this pick, right? Some say Milano is going to bust or will be a bust, right? Dano wasn't impressive this year so he's got a chance to bust. We all know about Ryan Collins....Signs aren't trending well for Jarmo's draft record here (if trends continue.)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He doesn't appear to be a genius in that area. less so every time he does something stupid like this deal.

I have to agree with you there. Seems to be good at drafting, then he just fritters it away. To top it off, he over-rewards mediocrity, handcuffing us further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad