Feb 7, 2007
F.Andersen (5m) only owed 1m
A.Kerfoot/A.Johnsson (3.5m/3.4m)
T.Dermott (RFA) /T.Liljegren

For

E.Merzlikins (4m)
R.Nash (2.75m)
D.Savard (4.25)

Could this help the Blue Jackets sign one of Hall or Pietrangelo?

Last edited:

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
F.Andersen (5m) only owed 1m
A.Kerfoot/A.Johnsson (3.5m/3.4m)
T.Dermott (RFA)

For

E.Merzlikins (4m)
R.Nash (2.75m)
D.Savard (4.25)

Could this help the Blue Jackets sign one of Hall or Pietrangelo?

I'm not seeing how this helps the Jackets at all... especially with the Dermott salary a big question mark. Maybe Kerfoot is an upgrade on Nash, but not sure its enough to offset the Savard to Dermott downgrade Elvis vs Freddie is pretty much a wash except for Elvis is signed longer and Freddie costs more

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
After the AJ trade kerfoot is probably worth something similar. A C prospect/young 4th liner.

Jackets wont have interest in him with Koivu signed for cheap to be 3C after dubois and Jenner

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I'm not seeing how this helps the Jackets at all... especially with the Dermott salary a big question mark. Maybe Kerfoot is an upgrade on Nash, but not sure its enough to offset the Savard to Dermott downgrade Elvis vs Freddie is pretty much a wash except for Elvis is signed longer and Freddie costs more
I just thought Andersen only being owed 1m could help the Jackets in some way or form.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I just thought Andersen only being owed 1m could help the Jackets in some way or form.

Eh... I doubt if they are looking at signing one of the high dollar free agents, going all budget over Freddie would be a big factor. Especially with the included uncertainty of re-signing Dermott

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
After the AJ trade kerfoot is probably worth something similar. A C prospect/young 4th liner.

Jackets wont have interest in him with Koivu signed for cheap to be 3C after dubois and Jenner

kerfoot as a C definitely has more value than AJ

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nothing in there that is of interest or helps columbus at all

coulkd say the same of the leafs

merz is unproven so a risk
nash is a downgrade and too expensive to be a 3rd/4th liner on this team
savard wasnt good at all last year. if this was 2018 savard hell ya

pass

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs are probably done aside from a potential 2nd pair rd upgrade on Holl

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So instead of losing depth players like we've been doing, we lose two major roster players and another depth player so as to save a grand total of $2m in cap. Oh, wait, except we'd have to sign Dermott, so, no, we wouldn't even get THAT much.

Kekalainen has certainly been aggressively trimming the fat, but this goes a few steps beyond that.

Reactions: violaswallet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad