Columbus Thread VII (Convo and Questions About Columbus for Visitors and Locals)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Local emo-themed pizza concept goes viral

Bar-B-Cute_Background2.jpg

Sad Pie, one of the most original, and depressing hilarious new restaurant concepts to come to Columbus, has blown up thanks to a TikTok with nearly one million views.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
looks like Jets from the picture… but I love Jets so… :nod:

Not the biggest fan of Ginther but kudos to him for supporting this idea

Nice to see since other communities have begun doing this the last couple of years as well. Dublin and Hilliard come to mind.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I can already picture Otterbein security/police (whatever they use these days) rolling over in their graves

When I was a student there, the strip mall at Schrock and Cleveland was a favorite shopping destination.

EDIT: This could be read as an indictment of old Uptown. In context, it was meant to point out that we all knew the closest place we could buy beer, because campus and the city were dry.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
While everyone else at the seder table is going through four cups of wine, I'm drinking grape juice. I'm kind of committed to this thing. :)

Are there any segments of Judaism that require alcoholic wine at the seder? I know alcohol being inherent to the Eucharist is a sticking point for some Christian denominations (including the more traditionalist segments of the one I belong to)?

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Are there any segments of Judaism that require alcoholic wine at the seder? I know alcohol being inherent to the Eucharist is a sticking point for some Christian denominations (including the more traditionalist segments of the one I belong to)?
It's supposed to be part of celebrating the Exodus, so I happen to think it's perfectly fine, as does everyone else around me. Can't speak for stricter households, tho.
besides, technically the prayer translates as a thanks for "the fruit of the vine"...

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
City Council is discussing a DORA for Arena District which would be very cool. Grab a beer and walk around, I like it!

Reactions: Fro

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Delaware has DORA. The downtown has really changed for the better in the past 15 years. Nice bars, restaurants and shops.

While both Staas and Restoration do a nice job, and Staas’ patio is cool, I’ma plug my homies at Barley Hopsters, the bar/bottle shop at the main downtown intersection. Good people, great shop. Anyone headed to Delaware please check them out.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Thirsty Travelers at Roops? We’ve probably been unwittingly mingling for years.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Asking because I've sen liquor laws also affect portability of non-alcoholic beverages:

Do any DORA restrictions affect the movement of non-alcoholic beverages? It looks like a couple of Huntington Park gates would exit into the DORA and i'm wondering if I would be in a "chug or dump" situation with a Pepsi like beer drinkers usually are as they exit.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hi all,

Pens fan from England here. Me and my wife are looking to emigrate to the States (she's a Pittsburgher and wishes to be closer to her family). Her work are transferring her over to Columbus so that's where we're moving to - but I've never been there, and she's only been there for five days.

So I'm asking whether anyone's got any tips or good places to look for just figuring out the city - where to live, jobs, so on?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Hi all,

Pens fan from England here. Me and my wife are looking to emigrate to the States (she's a Pittsburgher and wishes to be closer to her family). Her work are transferring her over to Columbus so that's where we're moving to - but I've never been there, and she's only been there for five days.

So I'm asking whether anyone's got any tips or good places to look for just figuring out the city - where to live, jobs, so on?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

OhioMeansJobs might be useful if you are looking for work. (It is built off of monster.com)

You might want to give us more info like your age range, things you like to do, what part of town her job is in, etc. if you want more advice.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad