Columbus signs Tynan/Harrington/Beoadhurst

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just remember, Tyler Johnson was once a scrub too.

Would Tyler Johnson be Tyler Johnson if he didn't have Stamkos, Palat, Kucherov, Hedman, Stralman, and Drouin to play with/take attention from the defense? I don't think so. I like Johnson, but I think he's a product of that team.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just remember, Tyler Johnson was once a scrub too.

There's scrubs, and then there's scrubs. Tyler Johnson had multiple point-per-game seasons + playoffs in the AHL. Tynan hasn't been close to that, likely a 4C at most.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Last year, I had the opportunity to see TJ Tynan play in the Traverse City tournament. It was a very, very, thin slice of his overall career. I came away impressed. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=106791015&postcount=89

When watching prospects skate, after a bit, the realization becomes that I don't know what I'm watching. I have no ability to project the upside of a player. It is generally easy to judge one player against the others on the same ice, at the same time. Beyond that - my opinion is generally wrong.

Tynan had a great tournament last year. He was a contributor and leader in what Cleveland accomplished . He has 4 years experience at Notre Dame. At a minimum, an honest shot in training camp, and a 6-8 game cup of coffee as an injury call-up in the NHL season would be a nice reward/opportunity for what this player has done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad