To Columbus:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Caleb Jones
William Lagesson

To Edmonton:

David Savard
Oliver Bjorkstrand or Alexandre Texier
Veini Vehvilainen

Personally I would love RNH and Caleb Jones with CBJ.

And I’m open with moving Savaard and VV for that package. But not Bjork, Tex, or Foudy. Is there another player we can put on the line? Bemstrom? Stenlund? Carlson? Etc.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I might do it from Columbus' perspective, not sure. It's steep.

But it's a moot question anyways, RNH is way too important for Edmonton. This deal doesn't make sense for a number of reasons. RNH is more valuable for Edmonton than he would be for other teams. He's not Edmonton's 3C, he's Edmonton's best two-way forward and scores extremely well from the wing. Savard is a more consistent shutdown presence than Larsson but they do pretty much the same job with equal effectiveness most of the time. No need there. Columbus has just as many LD as Edmonton so there's no way to give ice time to Jones and Lagesson with the current lineup.

Reactions: Viqsi and bucks_oil

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

And I’m open with moving Savaard and VV for that package. But not Bjork, Tex, or Foudy. Is there another player we can put on the line? Bemstrom? Stenlund? Carlson? Etc.

No. It's not going to work, not with Bjorkstrand/Texier and not with a lesser piece.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
RNH is UFA after next season, losing Tex or Bjork for potentially one season of him ain’t worth it
I agree, he wouldn’t extend in Columbus.

keep nuge forever.
2B752BBB-1A20-4661-8A8D-DBDD22BB6598.jpeg

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

both Bemstrom + Voronkov if no Tex or Bjorkstrand.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
This is one of those threads where I'm not even sure what is trying to be achieved.

Like I can understand why CBJ would want RNH to be a 2nd line center for them and Caleb to reunite the Jones bros. a nice feel good story, but including Lagesson seems kind of random.

Then the Oilers are getting Savard who is a good d-man, but he's not really moving the needle, he's slightly better than Bear or Larsson and he'd likely push one of the two down a rung, but what are we doing with the other one? Are we congesting our right side so Bouchard can't make the team?

Bjorkstrand would be a nice add for us, but at the expense of Nuge, I don't see how that makes any sense he's clearly a downgrade and on CBJ's side he was their top goal scorer and they were the 4th lowest goal scoring team this past season, they'd likely prefer to keep him while adding more scoring.

The goalie prospect is kind of random, I mean sure we could use one, but he's probably a ways off from contributing if he's even good enough.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
This is one of those threads where I'm not even sure what is trying to be achieved.

Like I can understand why CBJ would want RNH to be a 2nd line center for them and Caleb to reunite the Jones bros. a nice feel good story, but including Lagesson seems kind of random.

Then the Oilers are getting Savard who is a good d-man, but he's not really moving the needle, he's slightly better than Bear or Larsson and he'd likely push one of the two down a rung, but what are we doing with the other one? Are we congesting our right side so Bouchard can't make the team?

Bjorkstrand would be a nice add for us, but at the expense of Nuge, I don't see how that makes any sense he's clearly a downgrade and on CBJ's side he was their top goal scorer and they were the 4th lowest goal scoring team this past season, they'd likely prefer to keep him while adding more scoring.

The goalie prospect is kind of random, I mean sure we could use one, but he's probably a ways off from contributing if he's even good enough.

Nope.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Not really a fan of RNH at that price, if we are giving up a young 20g winger that could break out (mostly likely would with McDrai) and a top 4 veteran rhd dman; would rather look elsewhere for someone who can challenge PLD or mentor him. Plus I would want someone that would fit in a Torts system a little better than RNH for that cost (just noticed the goalie prospect as well...jeez) rather wait until TDL and see if Wennberg can get it together.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Dema said:
Not really a fan of RNH at that price, if we are giving up a young 20g winger that could break out (mostly likely would with McDrai) and a top 4 veteran rhd dman; would rather look elsewhere for someone who can challenge PLD or mentor him. Plus I would want someone that would fit in a Torts system a little better than RNH for that cost (just noticed the goalie prospect as well...jeez) rather wait until TDL and see if Wennberg can get it together.
What do you mean someone who would fit better in a Torts system? We've had 7 coaches and every one of them loved RNH to bits, with the possible exception of Eakins who just liked him a lot, he's the guy coaches go out of their way to praise for his attention to detail and smart plays.

IMO Wennberg is a must buy-out you should really take advantage of the 1/3rd buy-out window while you still can, once he's no longer 26 that jumps up to having to pay-out 2/3rd's of the contracts value.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What do you mean someone who would fit better in a Torts system? We've had 7 coaches and every one of them loved RNH to bits, with the possible exception of Eakins who just liked him a lot, he's the guy coaches go out of their way to praise for his attention to detail and smart plays.

IMO Wennberg is a must buy-out you should really take advantage of the 1/3rd buy-out window while you still can, once he's no longer 26 that jumps up to having to pay-out 2/3rd's of the contracts value.

Agreed on Nuge, moving him would create a big hole in Columbus and create an even bigger hole in Edmonton. Wennberg is overpaid but funny enough as a player he's the exact type of savvy low-event guy that Edmonton really needs at 3C. Upgrading Sheahan to Wennberg would be a huge boost. Would obviously require retention to work.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
RNH is UFA after next season, losing Tex or Bjork for potentially one season of him ain’t worth it

Makes sense. RNH is loyal to Edmonton but he has no loyalty to any other team . Plus if you sign him you have to protect him from Seattle so you lose another player you may other wise have protected . It would be a bad trade for CBJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad