Post-Game Talk: Columbus discovers DUCHENE in Kanata, Fri 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They have money. We don't.

They also have competent management and coaching.

Awful comparison.

Like the competent management that traded two first for Kessel? Yes, now they have new management but let's be clear - what turned the Leafs around was being bad enough to draft Matthews and Marner at the top of the first round.

Reactions: NorthCoast

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Like the competent management that traded two first for Kessel? Yes, now they have new management but let's be clear - what turned the Leafs around was being bad enough to draft Matthews and Marner at the top of the first round.
And paying Babcock, Mathews, and Tavares.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

This is where the money and the history comes in. They can also afford to buy out bad contracts therefore are afforded more mistakes than a poor team.

We obviously have none of that.

Reactions: DrEasy

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Ok so wheres our first??

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

I would say what turned the leafs around was change in ownership that led to competent management that led to a rebuild. And then they got lucky with drafting leading to a shirt rebuild.

I would also say that when they abandoned their previous core, it was because the core was no longer (maybe never) elite. Kessel-yes, phaneuf-no, van-reimsdyke-no, who else?

Our core of EK, Stone, Duchene, Chabot are/were all still elite.

Maybe there are examples of breaking up an elite core in their primes but Toronto is not it.

Reactions: HF Reader

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Kind of odd that Dorion did not include a trade condition to forbid Duchene from playing last night's game.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I would say what turned the leafs around was change in ownership that led to competent management that led to a rebuild. And then they got lucky with drafting leading to a shirt rebuild.

I would also say that when they abandoned their previous core, it was because the core was no longer (maybe never) elite. Kessel-yes, phaneuf-no, van-reimsdyke-no, who else?

Maybe there are examples of breaking up an elite core in their primes but Toronto is not it.

Toronto also used millions of dollars to spend away its problems. They took on the Nathan Horton contract and put him on LTIR to get rid of Clarkson. Lupul and Robidas were paid to stay away from the team ( both put on LTIR) That allowed them to go out and get new players and be under the cap. A luxury that few other teams could afford.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
the booing when duchane touched puck was the only entertaining part of that performance lol.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Was a nice touch to bring up key young players out of a competitive situation chasing down a playoff spot in the minors than play them minimally, at what point does mgmt start hitting the dressing room up and sawing sticks up and messing with equipment?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
once again as fans they payed for the tickets can boo or cheer nothing idotic or immature about it.. it happens in all sports.
Doesn't make it less idiotic or immature.. Lots of crap happens that is dumb , I'm sure even you could attest to that.

otown

Sep 4, 2009

Toronto's rise is based primarily on tanking to get Owen Matthews .
Very strategic!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brown and Batherson gonna be big for us soon. Chlapik and Balcers gonna hold down the second line too. Hopefully Norris and Formenton hold down the 3rd. We just need a couple top end pieces and we set.

just keep Stone bro.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Brown and Batherson gonna be big for us soon. Chlapik and Balcers gonna hold down the second line too. Hopefully Norris and Formenton hold down the 3rd. We just need a couple top end pieces and we set.

just keep Stone bro.

Yep they're gonna peak right when they need new contracts.

saskytaxi

Feb 13, 2019
sasky

Totally agree with this. It sucks not being able to watch the young guys grow into the team with the older core. To me sens were very close to becoming a playoff team every season but obviously they fell apart last year. Sens are run by chumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->