Post-Game Talk: Columbus discovers DUCHENE in Kanata, Fri 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
We have a lot of lip service to go along with the decimation of this team.. Lashing out at the media, at the fans .. This is one brutally run organization. Their best players are all bailing on them and I can't blame them. They will lose even more season ticket holders just because no one has any faith that they know what they are doing .. The call players that are marginal NHLers core veterans . I'll follow for a bit yet but when the playoffs get here ... I will be watching with an eye to follow another team entirely.
I've been a fan of this team since Bruce, Randy and Cyril won the franchise and a hardcore fan since Brady's goal in '92..suffering through the playoff disappointments, the sting of losing our best players, the embarrassments that have plagued this org and been a STH for 12 seasons along the way...but nothing has felt like the utter desolation of these last 6 months.

Alfie was the face of our rise from the basement to respectability to contender status, EK is unlike any defenceman I've seen in over 40 years of hockey and now...we trade one of only three legit #1 centres we've had in 25 years and next up...one of our own sixth round picks we've watched develop in to one of the game's most complete players.

And for what? We don't even seem to be trying to secure hope for the future any more.

Hard not to give up, I certainly don't blame you.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I've been a fan of this team since Bruce, Randy and Cyril won the franchise and a hardcore fan since Brady's goal in '92..suffering through the playoff disappointments, the sting of losing our best players, the embarrassments that have plagued this org and been a STH for 12 seasons along the way...but nothing has felt like the utter desolation of these last 6 months.

Alfie was the face of our rise from the basement to respectability to contender status, EK is unlike any defenceman I've seen in over 40 years of hockey and now...we trade one of only three legit #1 centres we've had in 25 years and next up...one of our own sixth round picks we've watched develop in to one of the game's most complete players.

And for what? We don't even seem to be trying to secure hope for the future any more.

Yup I've been a fan since day 1 as well. Just seems almost senseless to be so invested anymore.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Agreed. It's hard for everyone. Maybe people who have given up should take a deep breath and walk away. It must be so frustrating watching the destruction of the team. It's a good time now to leave. Come back in a few years after the rebuild, maybe there will be a new owner. There definitely be new management, new players and new coaches.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Some people actually believe we have the necessary pieces to be good again within 2-3 years?

Like, who exactly aside from Chabot, White, Tkachuk and Batherson do we have that are sure-fire things at this level? And even then, aside from Chabot none of those guys are guaranteed 1st liners. We'd have to draft Lafreniere and hope that every prospect hits their ceiling and quick for anything to change relatively soon.

Nah, we're in for 5 years of unparalleled suffering and then who knows, maybe we could be a bubble team.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Some people actually believe we have the necessary pieces to be good again within 2-3 years?

Like, who exactly aside from Chabot, White, Tkachuk and Batherson do we have that are sure-fire things at this level? And even then, aside from Chabot none of those guys are guaranteed 1st liners. We'd have to draft Lafreniere and hope that every prospect hits their ceiling and quick for anything to change relatively soon.

Nah, we're in for 5 years of unparalleled suffering and then who knows, maybe we could be a bubble team.

Right... no trades will happen during the next few years? C'mon. It's going to suck next year, for sure. Things will change the following year. They have to.

Do you seriously think this will be the line-up forever? Smith will be gone, along with Anderson and Ceci. I bet you s0me serious v-bucks.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

It took Toronto 3 seasons of being really bad, and they were able to turn it around on their 4th. That seems like it could be a reasonable timeline for us.

Reactions: Variable26

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Boucher on the post game sounded SO broken.

I guess he was told he will be gone next year recently.

Even if he wasn't told he was as good as gone, he is just as much of a competitor as the players. He, like Dorion, was set up to fail but Dorion can hide from the media.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It took Toronto 3 seasons of being really bad, and they were able to turn it around on their 4th. That seems like it could be a reasonable timeline for us.

Exactly. And the fans here can't weather the storm like toronto fans did? Shame.

I had to explain to my son tonight that there is a possibility of being worse next year. He took it okay, after a bit of thought.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Right... no trades will happen during the next few years? C'mon. It's going to suck next year, for sure. Things will change the following year. They have to.

Do you seriously think this will be the line-up forever? Smith will be gone, along with Anderson and Ceci. I bet you s0me serious v-bucks.

Trades for who? After we lose Stone and Dzingel, we have nothing left to deal with. And no UFA or player with a no-trade list will accept to come here.

You seem to be operating on a level where things "have" to change. That's not the reality here. You better hope the return for Stone is better than anything we could ever imagine.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Exactly. And the fans here can't weather the storm like toronto fans did? Shame.

I had to explain to my son tonight that there is a possibility of being worse next year. He took it okay, after a bit of thought.
I'm sure we will. It will just be a ton of bitching and moaning which will make things unpleasant. Hopefully our young players develop well so there are some positives to talk about.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
BTW, this was Game #61.....

I cant say this enough.......

Screenshot 2019-02-20 19.38.25.png

Reactions: DrEasy and Beville

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Trades for who? After we lose Stone and Dzingel, we have nothing left to deal with. And no UFA or player with a no-trade list will accept to come here.

You seem to be operating on a level where things "have" to change. That's not the reality here. You better hope the return for Stone is better than anything we could ever imagine.

Really? you are taking the complete worst case scenario. We have seen the worst case. It is impossible to get worse. Once we clear out the dregs, and lose another season poorly, all will be on the up and up. It will attract new players.

You are stuck in the past. We know Boucher is gone. We know the deadweight will be gone. Other teams have done this. Ottawa can too.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
They have money. We don't.

They also have competent management and coaching.

Awful comparison.
Take a deep breath, be patient, and let things play out. They were a complete wasteland up until only a few years ago. Things will be rough for the foreseeable future but will turn around eventually.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
After suffering through tonight's debacle, I honestly can't shake my complete shock that we have dealt Hoffman, Karlsson and Duchene in the last ~ 8 months and haven't received a single piece - player or prospect - that I am excited about.

There is some potential, but absolutely nothing that warrants genuine excitement.

Eight months ago, I would not have believed that possible.

I only liked your post, because it essentially covers my emotions of dismay related to not signing Duchene. I remember calling out our GM and ASSISTANT GM a few threads ago, and took hell from some fans for it. But they have been an absolute let down. Melnyk is the worst. I hope to heaven that we get new ownership in the off-season. But, I doubt it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Really? you are taking the complete worst case scenario. We have seen the worst case. It is impossible to get worse. Once we clear out the dregs, and lose another season poorly, all will be on the up and up. It will attract new players.

You are stuck in the past. We know Boucher is gone. We know the deadweight will be gone. Other teams have done this. Ottawa can too.

You're completely off base. I'm living in the NOW. Right NOW we suck and there's nothing we can see in the near future that is guaranteed to make us a good team again. We have 1 top-4 D, one top-6 guy, an aging starter and a bad coach and GM. We have a terrible owner, and the smallest staff in the league on all levels. The 1st rounder we got today is going to be in the 20s.

You don't seem to realize your entire premise is based on "maybes" and "what ifs" yet tell me I'm talking about scenarios?

Give your head a shake.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Thing with a proper rebuild, is you have to invest a fair bit of money into it to do it right. More money to scouting, to Belleville, to a better coaching staff in Ottawa, and to pro scouts to find the best moderately priced vets to insulate the kids here and on the farm.

And a solid plan. Dorion is flying by the seat of his pants here...and that is the scariest part.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Senators plight reads like a track listing from a Smiths album.

Nowhere fast
Heaven knows I’m miserable now
That joke isn’t funny anymore
Bigmouth strikes again
I don’t owe you anything
I know it’s over
Miserable lie
Panic
Suffer little children
Unhappy birthday
:laugh:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Thing with a proper rebuild, is you have to invest a fair bit of money into it to do it right. More money to scouting, to Belleville, to a better coaching staff in Ottawa, and to pro scouts to find the best moderately priced vets to insulate the kids here and on the farm.

And a solid plan. Dorion is flying by the seat of his pants here...and that is the scariest part.

I am pretty sure Dorion will be on a shortened leash if some of these picks/prospects do not pan out in the short term. He will be replaced if they are a bust in year 1 of FYOUS. For sure.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
You're completely off base. I'm living in the NOW. Right NOW we suck and there's nothing we can see in the near future that is guaranteed to make us a good team again. We have 1 top-4 D, one top-6 guy, an aging starter and a bad coach and GM. We have a terrible owner, and the smallest staff in the league on all levels. The 1st rounder we got today is going to be in the 20s.

You don't seem to realize your entire premise is based on "maybes" and "what ifs" yet tell me I'm talking about scenarios?

Give your head a shake.

I think your head needs a good shake as well. You are living in the complete fantasy if you think it can't get better. Of course now sucks. No one disputes that. Why get stuck in now? Look to the future. There are a thousand self help books that can guide you through the pain.

It is a shitshow and it will be next year. Accepted.
A rebuild takes time. Accepted
The management sucks and cannot stay the same. Accepted.

We will get our picks and prospects. Some vets will show up to guide. For sure.

Reactions: 5ive4Fighting

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think your head needs a good shake as well. You are living in the complete fantasy if you think it can't get better. Of course now sucks. No one disputes that. Why get stuck in now? Look to the future. There are a thousand self help books that can guide you through the pain.

It is a ****show and it will be next year. Accepted.
A rebuild takes time. Accepted
The management sucks and cannot stay the same. Accepted.

We will get our picks and prospects. Some vets will show up to guide. For sure.

You honestly think it's me and not you that is living in a complete fantasy?

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad